Levoscoliosis-hip pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levoscoliosis-hip pain

I am 45 Yrs. I have been dealing with a burning pain in my right hip and down my leg. I have been sent to PT. It does seem to help a little. The dr. is thinking it is sciatica related. He did x-rays and the radiologists report says levoscoiosis degenterating discs L2 &L3. Has anyone ever had the burning in the right hip?
    THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP
    Milwaukee brace wearer in 1977
    Myra

Myra, I too have pain in my right hip area. I had it checked out a few years ago and my primary doc thought it was due to arthritis in my sacro iliac joint -if I'm remembering correctly. I've just added it to several issues I believe are related to the wear and tear of scoliosis. The pain is pretty constant though. I try stretching and I can't say that really helps. I'll be eager to see your responses as this is a question I've had too. By the way, I was wearing that brace in '77 too. Thank goodness that brace has changed. I have a 13 year old now and realize how hard it is under normal circumstances in middle school, yet carrying around that big metal bulky brace.

Hope you feel better
    Debra
    Age 45
    Pre - surgery Thoracic 69, Lumbar 48
    Post-surgery Thoracic 37, Lumbar 39 (unfused)
    Fused T4-T12
    Milwaukee braced, 11 years old to 15 yo
    Surgery Sept. 1st, 2010 Dr. Boachie

Comment

Are you talking about the hip, or the upper buttock?
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

i have a sciatica that has extended, recently, thru left hip, down the leg to ankle! i go to NYC tomorrow (Thurs) to see pain doc....he wants to try an injection for it...i do not have high expectations for this to help...i think he wants to try epidural...they havent helped me in the past...have had a total of 3....so we shall see what happens tomorrow...maybe nerve ablation would work better...will ask him...

i wish i knew a solution for the kind of pain sciatica brings....but i dont ...yet...dont know if there is one...

feel better soon...

jess

Comment

Hi Jess....

I'm suffering with you. I'm unable to stand for more than a minute or two. I'm getting an injection on Friday, and CANNOT wait. This truly sucks!

Hope the injection gives you some relief.

--Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
          X