what degree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what degree?

at what degrees should a brace be put on?

i think

umm... i think my doctor told me if it exceeds 20 degrees a brace should be put on. im not sure though
    ¢¾ aura ¢¾

Comment

25 degrees for me

mine was at 23 when they braced me cause they didn't want to chance it.

Manda
      (aura how do u do those fractions and c with line through it??????) asap

Comment

thanx for the replies. i was only curious because my last orthopedist said that my curves are over 30 degrees but not yet at 40. he also said tha nothing could be done for me b/c braces weren't made anymore (YEAH RIGHT!) so my mom is calling another doc on monday to get another opinion

Comment

My daughter presented initially with curves of 33/31 and was sent for bracing right away. She had been in a TLSO brace (like a Boston Brace) for a year now and her curves have held at the degree when diagnosed. I would definitely encourage you to see a physician who specializes in spine and scoliosis. Depending on your age it sounds like you should be braced. Bracing depends on your age and growth among other things. God bless you!
          Kim

Comment

hey Manda
            umm... i actually got that fraction symbol by accident. im trying to remember how to do it though. it was supposed to be a heart. i think that if you press ALT and any number or numbers on the keypad thing at the same time, then you can get a bunch of different symbols. if you press ALT 13, then you get this really cool symbol but i cant do it on here cuz it wont work. try it tho!
            ¢¾ aura ¢¾

Comment

Working...
            X