Need any advice???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need any advice???

Hi My name is Ciera And I Have warn my brace for 5 years and if you have any questions Ask me I Will try to answer them!!!
    Ciera,

Hi Ciera,
    Bless you! My daughter is 11 and just started wearing a Boston Brace in August. She's had a great additude and worked her way up to 23/7. This week we saw her doc again and his report was that she still has an upper curve of 40 and the lower has gone from 32 to 13. He wants to get the upper to 21. HE cranked up her brace so tight she could hardly breathe and said "this is where I want it to be a month from now." (He's really a very nice guy, tho this doesn't sound like it.) If we can't get it there, he's talking about putting her in one of the "old timey" braces that goes all the way up around the neck!
    Ever since then I've been trying to tighten it up (he suggested 4 marks and up it one mark each week) and she is now constantly complaining of itching and keeps wanting to get it off. I've tried lotions, alcohol, powder.... I'm at my wit's end. I feel like she's losing ground because she keeps taking it off. IS this typical? Is it because it's tighter and so it's kind of like starting over? Is it a mind game? I just don't know what to do for her. She's in tears sometimes because she's so itchy.
    Any advise you have will be welcome.
    Donna
    Donna
    Mom to 2 biological kids, grown & Married and 2 adopted kids, 6 & 11

Comment

I Am 11 to!
      It is Typical I Was Like that to because I Was allergict to the medal on my brace.Try checking if she is allergict to medal.If she is put clear nail polish on all the medal on her brace.other wise she could be ichy cause lots of sweat gets under her brace t-shirt?If thats it then have her change th T-Shirt everyday.it might be cause it gets tighter but I Doubt it.It is not a mind game it happend to me to.
      try rubbing her with oil after every shower or bath.
      Give me updaits on everything!
      I Am happy to be giving you Advice!Where do you gise live???
      Does youre daughter have a e-mail address??
      From,Ciera

Comment

Hi Ciera,
        Thanks for your note. Of course it's nice to hear from someone her own age, so that got her attention. Her name is Brandi and she doesn't type yet, but she could dictate to me.
        I've never heard the allergy idea or the oil idea. Some places said don't use lotion. So is it baby oil you use? And is that okay?
        I'm also trying to use different laundry detergent on the body socks to see if that might help.
        We'll try your ideas and let you know.
        Thanks.
        Donna
        Donna
        Mom to 2 biological kids, grown & Married and 2 adopted kids, 6 & 11

Comment

Ya I Use baby oil!
          Well let me know i got to go!
          Ciera,

Comment

Whoa!!!!

Ciera

In my dancing classes my teacher (donna) uses the expresion if the postion you're in is comfortable then it's wrong. she said this to me when I was slouching my back. so that means I have to sit up straight (in a hurting position) ~~~My doctor wants my to sit up straight to, it's tiring and it hurts( try it!!!)

hope u can help!!

manda

*no clue what degree my cuve is
            *age 12

Comment

ya it hurts me to!
              But if you try to wear a tighter shirt and write on you're hand remember to sit up straight!
              It worked for me!
              Hope it helps!!!
              Ciera,

Comment

Working...
              X