Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I'm new

Hi ya'll

I just found this board. And I glad I did. I was tould I had Scoliosis when I was 21. I'm 42 now. And thay always tould me there was not a thing thay could do for me. Now I have been having bad pain and I have to walk with a cane sometimes. And use a wheelchair too. This is the new things thay found wrong with my back: small Parasacral Cysts at L4-5, L5-S1, S2-S3, on right side and L5 and S1 on left side.There is a acute cutoff of S1 nerve root,Mild Disk Bulges at 3-4, 4-5 and L5-S1 levels, small Tarlov type Cysts fo the Sacral Nerve roots, and weakness of left foot and leg. Well now thay are still saying thay still can't doing anything. What I'm I going to do I got a TENS unite on my own. It helps some. Thay just give me pain meds. all the time. It's kind like here now shut up and go away. I guess I have not found the right Dr. I have been looking on my own to find help on the web. And I found this place. WOW I didn't think other's were in the same shap as me. Well anyway tell me how you are dealing with Scoliosis with out ever having any thing done for it.
    Sweetmama from Louisiana

scoliosis

I am 61 and had surgery last year for severe scoliosis. This was the 3rd and 4th surgeries because I had corrective surgery in 1956 at age 14. The curves recurred because no hardware was inserted at that time and the fusion weakened.

Right now I am working, have no more pain and would do it again.

I would like to put my whole story in but there is a space limitation in the forum. Please e-mail me at home: ockerkj@optonline.net.

I live in NJ.

Karen
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Working...
    X