scoliosis with 67 degrees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katie12YROLD View Post
    don't you need surgery? most dr said that if over 45 or 50 degree, it needs surgery, my daughter is 89 now, from 27 degree, 3 years ago, now she is 12yr young.
    Some Schroth folks have lost contact with reality. Just move along and try not to stare.

You daughter's curve moved on average a little less that 2* a month for three years. Wow. That's a very sustained growth spurt if that is what it is.

Did it start and stop or was it documented to progress during each radiograph?

My one daughter's curve never was documented to stop and moved on average 5* a month for at least 5 months. The other daughter's curve started and stopped on its own but did have one period with an average progression rate of ~4*/month for one 6 month period IIRC.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
      Some Schroth folks have lost contact with reality. Just move along and try not to stare.

You daughter's curve moved on average a little less that 2* a month for three years. Wow. That's a very sustained growth spurt if that is what it is.

Did it start and stop or was it documented to progress during each radiograph?

My one daughter's curve never was documented to stop and moved on average 5* a month for at least 5 months. The other daughter's curve started and stopped on its own but did have one period with an average progression rate of ~4*/month for one 6 month period IIRC.
      Unless I'm confused (which is entirely possible), the OP's daughter's curve increased from 27 to 89 degrees.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
        Unless I'm confused (which is entirely possible), the OP's daughter's curve increased from 27 to 89 degrees.

--Linda
        Did I do the math wrong?

That's 89 - 27 = 62 degrees in three years (36 months).

62*/36 months = ~1.7*/month

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
          Did I do the math wrong?

That's 89 - 27 = 62 degrees in three years (36 months).

62*/36 months = ~1.7*/month
          Your post said months, months, months, but my mind said years, years, years. Doh!
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
            Your post said months, months, months, but my mind said years, years, years. Doh!
            No problem.

You are dealing mainly with adult patients as I understand it who tend to progress a few degrees a YEAR whereas my only experience with with two baby kids who were progressing at a few degrees a MONTH.

Our mindsets are shaped by what we deal with.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Essi, i am glad you feel better...

the numbers dont sound impressive, especially considering the margin of error...

but if it works for you...hey...
              i hope you stay without pain!

jess

Comment

Originally posted by scoliotensed View Post
                Hi
                I am 24yrs old. I just met an orthopedic and he confirmed i have scoliosis with 67 degrees
                actually he compared my childhood x-rays and the recent x-rays and said that actually he didnt see much progress in the curve - meaning i am having 65 degrees curves since birth.
                he asked me to meet a physio therapist and asked to practise some exercises.
                according to him surgery is not necessary as my structure is fully grown.

anyone any suggestions on this is greatly appreciated.
                i dont know if i need a surgery or .......
                Are you in Ottawa, Ontario?
                you can contact the Schroth Physiotherapist 613-233-1235

Comment

Working...
                X