Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

19 Year Old Male. Scoliosis Progressing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glad you are doing well...hope you get a glowing report on Monday!

jess

Comment

• Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
      glad you are doing well...hope you get a glowing report on Monday!

jess
      Thanks Jess. Appointment is already tomorrow morning. Will let you guys know how it goes. Hopefully we can see the spine is still straight and that there's bone forming at L1-L3.
      Last edited by JDM555; 01-15-2012, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• John,
        I hope you meant you are seeing your surgeon for a follow-up tomorrow as opposed to having surgery! Did I miss something? I hope all is well.
        Be happy!
        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
        but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
          John,
          I hope you meant you are seeing your surgeon for a follow-up tomorrow as opposed to having surgery! Did I miss something? I hope all is well.
          Hehe. Making a lot of mistakes lately.

Comment

• So far so good. X-Rays look good, and spine is still balanced. Lateral views showed bone forming between L1-L3 which is a good sign. Will contact Biomet representative and try to get my bone stimulator to work again or get a new one so help the fusion as much as possible. Pain is going down, haven't used any meds in past few weeks. Will walk more and also hopefully start going to the gym to swim and do very light cardio soon.

Comment

• Glad you're doing so well & that you are well on the road to your normal life.
              Mom of 14yo son diagnosed Oct 2011
              Surgery 1/3/12 w Dr. Geof Cronen,
              Tampa General Hospital T3 to L1
              Jacob's pre surg curves: T58 & L31 12/28/11
              photos & xrays in "First-Time Surgery" thread "Before & After"

Comment

• Glad to hear that you are doing well
                Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• That's great news, John! Hopefully, you can put this behind you FOREVER!
                  Be happy!
                  but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by JDM555 View Post
                    Hey. Yes, I'm getting better and able to walk more and more everyday. Haven't taken any pain meds recently. Hopefully I'll return to swimming/cardio at the gym in about 1-2 weeks. School starts on the 30th, but I took a relatively easy schedule, with 1 online class so won't push it. Also, my bone stimulator doesn't seem to be working anymore. I wore it religiously every day for around 4 weeks, and then it just stopped working or would keep beeping that something isn't connected when it was. Idk, but hopefully I don't need to wear it anymore, we'll see what my surgeon says on the 16th for my 2nd visit.

Thanks for thinking of me Melissa.
                    John,
                    Likely you just need some new lead wires. They need to be replaced every so often. If you call the number on
                    the information they gave you, and tell the representative the problem you are having, they will order anything
                    you need.
                    May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

• great to hear, John....
                      keep on the same path...
                      spring is just around the corner...
                      bet you are tip top by summer!

jess

Comment

• Originally posted by LSKOCH5 View Post
                        Glad you're doing so well & that you are well on the road to your normal life.
                        Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                        Glad to hear that you are doing well
                        Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                        That's great news, John! Hopefully, you can put this behind you FOREVER!
                        Thank you all. I hope I can put this behind me for good and return to the gym by summer as well. Definitely won't push it this time.

Originally posted by naptown78 View Post
                        John,
                        Likely you just need some new lead wires. They need to be replaced every so often. If you call the number on
                        the information they gave you, and tell the representative the problem you are having, they will order anything
                        you need.
                        Yeh, I gave the representative a call yesterday and didn't hear back from him today, will call office tomorrow and figure something out. Thanks for the tip.

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
                        great to hear, John....
                        keep on the same path...
                        spring is just around the corner...
                        bet you are tip top by summer!

jess
                        Thanks Jess. I hope so! I want to be pain free already. More than anything I want to gym lol.

Comment

• Here are some quick pics. Healing OK. Pain is going away slowly, but not gone. Feel better some days than others. Weather can be cold, and that doesn't help.

Looking at pictures, back looks pretty even and straight, good sign.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...148/0031-3.jpg
                          http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...148/0040-2.jpg

Comment

• it looks great....
                            when the scar heals completely, and when it fades, it will be so straight that no one
                            will even think anything of it...
                            looks like the surgeon did a good job...

keep healing..
                            i know you'll get there...and back to the gym....

jess

Comment

• John,
                              The scars look really good. It just takes time for them to fade, but when they do, as Jess mentioned, they won't even be noticeable unless you are specifically looking for them. My husband has a very large scar on his arm from a childhood accident. I couldn't even see it when he was telling me about it. I have to look very close even to see it at all. I've had some surgeries for other things and depending on where it is, it seems like it takes different amounts of time for the redness to go away. You look nice and straight. Have you gone back to light exercises at the gym, yet?

Take Care,
                              Rohrer01
                              Be happy!
                              but we are alive today!

Comment

• Your back looks great!
                                Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                                Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                                70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                                Rib Hump-GONE!
                                Age-60 at the time of surgery
                                Now 66
                                Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                                Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                                Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                                Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                                tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                                http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Working...
                                X