Think I'm lopsided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I'm lopsided

Ok this may sound totally crazy but I am 5 weeks post op. Today I was looking at my back in the mirror (I still stand there in amazement looking at it!) and I swear one side of my butt sticks out farther than the other. My hips are now straight, my back is now straight..but my butt is crooked! I am convinced my dr ran out of room and just stuffed some muscle down there...I'm going to ask next week on my 6 week post op visit! I think this is why my pants don't fit!
    Becky-29 New Market, TN
    Spinal Fusion 3/17/09
    T3 to L3-73 degree curve to a 20ish

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength

Maybe it's just some swelling? I know that I was swollen in the upper-butt area for a while, but I don't know if they were uneven. I never looked

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Hmmm.....interesting.....uneven butt! lol I have not looked either, one, becuz I cant, and 2 never thought too...but(no pun intended-ha ha) Im gunna check it out tonite!

In all seriousness tho, Debbe is probably right....swelling.....it will get'cha all the time!!
      Lynn -30.... something
      DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
      At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
      At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
      Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
      UW Madison, WI Hospital
      **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

Comment

Originally posted by LynnMarie74 View Post
        Hmmm.....interesting.....uneven butt! lol I have not looked either, one, becuz I cant, and 2 never thought too...but(no pun intended-ha ha) Im gunna check it out tonite!

In all seriousness tho, Debbe is probably right....swelling.....it will get'cha all the time!!
        Maybe you shouldn't...sometimes it's best to not know if your butt is uneven I hope it's just swelling!
        Becky-29 New Market, TN
        Spinal Fusion 3/17/09

Comment

Originally posted by debbei View Post
          Maybe it's just some swelling? I know that I was swollen in the upper-butt area for a while, but I don't know if they were uneven. I never looked
          I hope so...I cannot believe how puffy my butt is...I noticed today when I was putting my jeans on...that's when I found the uneveness
          Becky-29 New Market, TN
          Spinal Fusion 3/17/09

Comment

Actually, my butt and thighs are slightly uneven as well. I think its because my hips were uneven so long that the muscles built up differently, I hope it changes over time...but I think thats what it is in my case, the swelling should have gone down by now...its been since December 2nd
            25 years old
            double 70+ degree curves before surgery
            Anterior on 11/11/08
            Posterior on 12/2/08 with titanium rods
            nearly perfect correction
            fused t-10 to pelvis
            with a hemi-vertebral osteotomy at L4

Broke right rod at L4-L5 on 06/26/09
            Broke left rod on 10/24/09
            Revision surgery on 11/5/09 with vitallium rods
            Broke both rods again

Had posterior than anterior revisions on 03/11 at the Twin Cities Spine Center
            Declared "FUSED" on 12/6/11

Comment

butt

Ok if we are going to talk about butts, my doctor took my butt away. Ever since my surgery I have had zero butt!
              I'm convinced he performed a butt amputation while I was asleep.
              May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Originally posted by naptown78 View Post
                Ok if we are going to talk about butts, my doctor took my butt away. Ever since my surgery I have had zero butt!

Haha..I'm not sure what's worse, too much butt or not enough!! Ya know, maybe they have time between working on our backs, get bored and start trying to "fix" our butts
                Becky-29 New Market, TN
                Spinal Fusion 3/17/09

Comment

.....you guys are making me laugh.....

Okay...I need to chime in now...I love posts like this one! You need humor every now and again! I had a flat behind my entire life......and not a whole lot of curves, thanks to the s curve that took away my waist line. After surgery, because of the lengthing of my waist, I do believe that the muscle structure shifts/is shifting as well. So I guess, depending on your curves & corrections, who knows what can happen to our butts!!! My husband swears I have more of one now than I did before...which again, was really none! So, Im thrilled with this news! I will tell you tho, that my whole body shape is different....more hour glass-like...which still throws me off sometimes! Im sure your uneven cheek will unswell with time & you can then enjoy your even bootie!
                  Lynn -30.... something
                  UW Madison, WI Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by naptown78 View Post
                    Kristy!! That was funny! Thank you!! I have no butt either....maybe you and I can find a plastic surgeon to perform a buy one/get one free butt implant surgery !?!?!
                    Lynn -30.... something
                    UW Madison, WI Hospital

Comment

I think my butt is uneven too. I noticed this a few months ago. The center of the back of my pants does not go down the crack. It goes to the right in all of my pants. This could be related to my hips too though. It wasn't this way before the surgery.

I hope yours is just swelling!
                      Chemist, 30

1998- 18 degrees
                      2003- 33 degrees
                      2005- 37 degrees
                      2006- 44 degrees
                      May 2007- 47 degrees
                      December 2007 - 50 degrees X-ray

Surgery May 27, 2008
                      Fused T1 to L2
                      Curve corrected to 15 degrees X-ray

Comment