Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ballet Mom View Post
    Pooka,

I think it's shameful that you are trying to convince every new parent on these forums to go directly to surgery. Shame on you.
    Again an ignorant conclusion.

I think your conclusions can be shown to be faulty on any number of topics, not just this one.

My daughter was twelve, premenarchal by almost a year, and Risser zero when she was diagnosed and was progressing in front of my eyes. I was able to watch her spine doing battle with her brace during the bracing period. She has grown three to four inches since she got her brace and her curve has not progressed at all. I think it's ridiculous for you to be drawing any kind of conclusion other than the brace stopped the curve in its tracks.
    Post the dates, measurements and offices. Let others make their own conclusions. Your conclusion is not supported by your data.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
      Again an ignorant conclusion.

I think your conclusions can be shown to be faulty on any number of topics, not just this one.

Post the dates, measurements and offices. Let others make their own conclusions. Your conclusion is not supported by your data.

I think it's shameful that you are trying to convince every new parent on these forums to go directly to surgery. Shame on you. And I still think you need to come clean as to whether you're associated with the Braist study, any orthopedist's office, or medical device company or any other group that would be promoting spine surgery.
      Last edited by Ballet Mom; 10-15-2009, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I think it's shameful that you are trying to convince every new parent on these forums to go directly to surgery. Shame on you. And I still think you need to come clean as to whether you're associated with the Braist study, any orthopedist's office, or medical device company or any other group that would be promoting spine surgery.
        I am now adding "conspiracy theorist" under your column.

Unbeknowst to you, it is actually painfully obvious that I know ZIP about medicine. Pnuttro will vouch for me here I hope.

It is only because you know less than ZIP and don't do research that this isn't obvious to you.

It's all of a piece.

Post the data. Why not? It's in some thread that I can't remember at the moment so it's posted to the group. Given that, why not repost it?
        Last edited by Pooka1; 10-15-2009, 08:08 PM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Screw you.

For those who may not understand my response, I am pointing out that Pooka has deleted her most abusive comments as you can tell by the editing times shown on her prior post.

Last edited by Pooka1; 10-15-2009 at 07:08 PM.
          She edited out the most abusive comments two minutes after this comment of mine in order to try to look innocent.
          Last edited by Ballet Mom; 10-17-2009, 10:01 AM. Reason: To explain my reaction to Pooka's inflammatory post just prior to this response.

Comment

Screw you.
            Lovely.

I am asking you to post the data you have previously posted and you are refusing. There is a reason for that.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Lovely.

I am asking you to post the data you have previously posted and you are refusing. There is a reason for that.
              There is no reason other than you are too lazy to find it yourself. It is quite obvious you know nothing about medicine and how dare you try to send every child to major spine surgery. You are dangerous. I won't waste my time on the likes of you.

Comment

Our Results

I understand that I may be interrupting a possibly interesting argument between BalletMom and Pooka, but just in case someone on here doesn't know ... We have had success with the Spinecor brace in idiopathic AIS. My (now 15 year old) daughter's curve has decreased from 48 (out of brace) to 24 (out of brace). And she experienced a growth spurt. (We also do exercises and see a chiropractor regularly.) We experience the opposit results in the Boston Brace.

I agree completely with YSMV and think that this may be the truest statement that I have ever seen anywhere on this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Mom_15 View Post
                  I understand that I may be interrupting a possibly interesting argument between BalletMom and Pooka, but just in case someone on here doesn't know ... We have had success with the Spinecor brace in idiopathic AIS. My (now 15 year old) daughter's curve has decreased from 48 (out of brace) to 24 (out of brace). And she experienced a growth spurt. (We also do exercises and see a chiropractor regularly.) We experience the opposit results in the Boston Brace.

I agree completely with YSMV and think that this may be the truest statement that I have ever seen anywhere on this forum!

That is wonderful news. I would love to hear more about it! It would be wonderful to see some success stores of the spinecore and the adolescent growth spurt. Perhaps you could start a new thread?

Thanks.

Comment

There is no reason other than you are too lazy to find it yourself.
                    You have the data in your head and won't repost it. There is a reason.

I would have to sort back though loads of nonsense. I did look just now and didn't find it. Did you delete it to avoid this issue?

I won't waste my time on the likes of you.
                    Look, you have said that before and even decided to leave, writing a "good bye" letter to the group that was so out of bounds it was deleted by the moderator.

I don't think you should leave. But it would be nice if you tried to understand the data and not make comments that are unsupported by evidence without qualification, especially to new folks trying to figure this out.

And the conspiracy theories just make you look nutty when in fact you mentioned your career (I won't repeat it) and it is not nutty. Why undermine your credibility in this way?

CD knows what I do. Perhaps he might confirm, without details, I am not in any way shape or form associated with the medical community other than as a consumer. Or not. I don't want to obligate him to do anything associated with this ridiculous discussion.

If you told me you weren't associated with the medical community I would believe you. Despite all the nonsense, I don't think you are a liar. You can't afford the same consideration to me.

Why get so mad that you write "screw you"?

Life is very short.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I would have to sort back though loads of nonsense. I did look just now and didn't find it. Did you delete it to avoid this issue?
                      I think you need to look in the mirror at who's the conspiracy theorist.

But it would be nice if you tried to understand the data and not make comments that are unsupported by evidence without qualification, especially to new folks trying to figure this out.
                      Exactly when did personal observation not become part of the scientific method?

Why get so mad that you write "screw you"?
                      Why do you intentionally belittle and provoke, incite, intimidate, bully, you name it? Do you get bored and like to get in fights with everyone? What makes you right about anything? I don't see much in the way of you providing any insight into this forum other than trying to get kids into major spine surgery ....why do you do that? Answer please. I'd like to know. Just because you can't come to grips with you daughters wearing a brace, you think everyone else is as traumatized as you about it? I don't believe you know anything about medicine, that is clear to me anyway, however, lots of non-medical people work for firms that can promote things without medical knowledge. I think you owe an explanation for your antagonism towards anyone who doesn't think surgery should be the first option for anyone. If you don't want people to get angry, stop provoking them. You know you do it all the time, I have to assume for fun. Can you actually read your posts and find that they are not absolutely antagonistic and demeaning? What a joke.

Comment

I don't see much in the way of you providing any insight into this forum other than trying to get kids into major spine surgery ....why do you do that? Answer please.
                        I ask the jury... is this my intention in any way, shape or form?

I'll sit back and read any answers that might be forthcoming.

I might ask you to post evidence for this statement but you and I have different definitions of "evidence." Mine are scientific.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I ask the jury... is this my intention in any way, shape or form?

I'll sit back and read any answers that might be forthcoming.

I might ask you to post evidence for this statement but you and I have different definitions of "evidence." Mine are scientific.
                          Step right up folks. This is your opportunity. And please don't ignore the other aspects of my posts when you respond. And I'm still waiting for an answer from you, Pooka, regarding the other comments on my post.

Comment

Bigbluefrog,

Post #40

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8895

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Okay, now please tell me what the reason is that I am hiding this from the world for some reason. How nefarious.

Comment

Please note number 42 also:

March 2008, upper curve 35 degrees.

April 2009, upper curve 32 degrees - out of brace for approximately thirty hours.

I presume that would be considered a rate of zero.

Best evidence there is, Risser Zero, premenarchal, and three to four inches of rapid growth. Please explain how the brace didn't work Pooka. Scientifically.

Comment

Working...
                                X