Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munich Gupta , Nov18, at Washington Univ.~~ anyone been to him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munich Gupta , Nov18, at Washington Univ.~~ anyone been to him?

Well, I had an MRI of my neck and Dr. Gupta's nurse called me and said Dr. Gupta saw some serious stenosis in my neck and wants to see me. It doesn't surprise me that he saw something he didn't like, because the pain has been off the charts!!! I was wondering if anyone has any input on Dr. Gupta? I did
    read about him on his web site. Pretty impressive credentials.(sp?). I have terrible numbness in my feet and up my calves . It really burns and is awful feeling. And on the upper thoracic right at T/4 I have a lot
    of pain and pressure, it feels like the screw is too deep. My neck is swelled all the time and the pain radiates down my shoulder and down my arm only to my elbow. It causes terrible pain to the point allI can do is go to bed.
    I tried physical therapy, but it didn't help and one session made it worse.
    Well, enough of that. Just curious about Dr. Gupta, and hoping someone can help me out. Bye for now, boomer(Linda)
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Originally posted by babyboomer16 View Post
    Well, I had an MRI of my neck and Dr. Gupta's nurse called me and said Dr. Gupta saw some serious stenosis in my neck and wants to see me. It doesn't surprise me that he saw something he didn't like, because the pain has been off the charts!!! I was wondering if anyone has any input on Dr. Gupta? I did
    read about him on his web site. Pretty impressive credentials.(sp?). I have terrible numbness in my feet and up my calves . It really burns and is awful feeling. And on the upper thoracic right at T/4 I have a lot
    of pain and pressure, it feels like the screw is too deep. My neck is swelled all the time and the pain radiates down my shoulder and down my arm only to my elbow. It causes terrible pain to the point allI can do is go to bed.
    I tried physical therapy, but it didn't help and one session made it worse.
    Well, enough of that. Just curious about Dr. Gupta, and hoping someone can help me out. Bye for now, boomer(Linda)
    Well, his brother in Chicago is doing my revision surgery, and if your Dr. Gupta (from northern CA, right?) is now replacing Dr. Lenke, I'd say you're in good hands - but I don't have any personal experience with him myself.

Best of luck - and that particular hospital has all the experience in the world for spine ortho issues.
    Susan
    XLIF/Posterior Surgery 6/16/08. Fused T10-L5 in CA by Dr. Michael Kropf (don't go there unless it's simple, I hear he's at Cedar's now). Very deformed, had revision w/5 PSO's, rods from T-3 to sacrum including iliac screws, all posterior, 5/23/16 with Dr. Purnendu Gupta of Chicago.

Owner of Chachi the Chihuahua, So Cal born and bred, now a resident of 'Chicagoland' Illinois. Uh, dislike it here....thank God there was ONE excellent spine surgeon in this area.

Comment

Working...
    X