No announcement yet.

Scoliosis in the context of human evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pooka, When did Dingo quit blocking you?

Comment

Originally posted by PNUTTRO View Post
      Pooka, When did Dingo quit blocking you?
      I don't know but I'm very grateful simply that he did not question the fact of human evolution or the fact that Turkana Boy is some 1.6 million years old. There is hope for Dingo on that score alone. The U.S. is a demon-haunted country for sure.

Any comments on the science in this thread?
      Last edited by Pooka1; 11-29-2010, 10:19 AM. Reason: typos
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
        The U.S. is a demon-haunted country for sure.

Any comments on the science in this thread?
        I'm sure some would applaud your comment. Personally, I resent it. And, I do recognize where it comes from (Carl Sagan). At least Carl had the courtesy to apply the "thought" to the entire world - and not just one country.

As for the science in this thread - the posted references speak for themselves.

Comment

mod

mamamax

The U.S. is a demon-haunted country for sure.
          I don't think the problem is so much Pooka1 but instead LindaRacine for encouraging hate talk like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
            mamamax

I don't think the problem is so much Pooka1 but instead LindaRacine for encouraging hate talk like that.
            Dingo - One can only imagine why such comments are left unchallenged. Whatever the reason for that - it is a sad state of affairs. We know for a fact that Pooka1 is capable of better - and worse. But this really is a new low IMO. We are fortunate to live in a country where there is statutory amendment protecting freedom of speech - wisdom of its use however, seems immune to legislation ;-)

Comment

There is a difference between criticizing a person and criticizing an idea.

Criticizing a person didn't occur associated with the demon comment.

Criticizing an idea most definitely occurred with the demon comment.

I assume nobody here is going to going to go on record as walling off some ideas from criticism.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Criticizing an idea most definitely occurred with the demon comment.
                I can see that. I fail to understand why applying the comment to an entire country had any relevance to the conversation whatsoever. If you are going to ride on the coat tails of Carl Sagan - it might be better to apply the comment to the entire world as he did - you think? Or, do you have something against the US in particular?

Comment

Originally posted by mamamax View Post
                  I fail to understand why applying the comment to an entire country had any relevance to the conversation whatsoever.
                  Because the US is an aberrant point on the curve. Look at the statistics. For the general level of prosperity and education in the US, we are far off the curve. We are an outlier. Only Turkey is more ignorant about the fact of evolution.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Because the US is an aberrant point on the curve. Look at the statistics. For the general level of prosperity and education in the US, we are far off the curve. We are an outlier. Only Turkey is more ignorant about the fact of evolution.
                    And this relates to scoliosis - exactly, how?

Comment

And this relates to scoliosis - exactly, how?
                      You asked. Next time don't ask I guess.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

You asked. Next time don't ask I guess.
                        Hey - it was a valid question - with a non answer to go with (from you). I hear that is called avoidance ;-)

Comment

Hey - it was a valid question - with a non answer to go with (from you). I hear that is called avoidance ;-)

Pass (<-- actual non-answer)

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

theory not fact

Only Turkey is more ignorant about the fact of evolution.
                            Good lord. Evolution is a theory, not a fact. If history is any guide it will eventually be replaced by something much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
                              Good lord. Evolution is a theory, not a fact. If history is any guide it will eventually be replaced by something much better.
                              Evolution is both a fact and theory.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html

The fact of evolution will not change. Being a fact, there is nothing that can be better.

The major mechanisms of evolution might be reassessed.

This is eighth grade material as far as I know.

How much science have you had?
                              Last edited by Pooka1; 11-29-2010, 03:43 PM. Reason: spelling

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

good grief

Back to my ignore list you harpy!

Comment

Working...
                                X