Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My appt. with Dr. Lenke!! April 18th!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My appt. with Dr. Lenke!! April 18th!!!!!

I am so relieved at this moment. Naomie just called me and set me up for the 18th of April, at 1:45PM(X-rays) and 2:45PM to see Dr Lenke. Isn't that great? I feel so much better now that I know he will be looking at his own X-ray. I am ready for whatever it is I have to do. But I don't ever want to go back to the way I was before my surgery with Dr. Lenke. I know I am in good hands. It was just an accident. And I know he will fix me. I'll keep you all posted! At least I don't have to wait very long to know what's going to happen.
    Thanks to all of you for being here for me. I don't know what I'd do without the support of this place. It helps that you know first hand what these surgeries are about. Warmly, Linda
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

PTL! What wonderful news! I've been feeling so concerned (as we all have) for you. I am so glad you will get to see him so soon. What a relief to be in his care again and have his expert "handling" once more. I'll be praying for you. Hugs, Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Dr. Lenke

Hi Linda,

I have been thinking so much about you. My husband even asked me the other day how you were. I told him you had a falling accident and let me assure you, it happens to many people. I worked at a rehab 23 years and you cant imagine the number of patients, especially ladies, who had fallen.
      I am so glad you are going to see Dr. Lenke and I know he will do whatever he can to fix your problem. I will be praying for you on the 18th, my husband's birthday, and ask the Lord to direct him in knowing exactly what to do to bring you relief. You are a strong woman with the right attitude to get you through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Patty
      1963 Fusion T4-L2 for congenital scoliosis. It was a bone graft and not instrumentation
      1989 to Present....Have had chronic pain. MRI's show severe neural foraminal stenosis L2-S1, rotational scoliosis lumbar spine over 40 degrees, compression of nerve roots L5-S1, Broad Based Herniations L4-L5, L5-S
      Surgery scheduled with Dr. Bridwell on December 11, 2012
      December 11, 2012 Had surgery with Dr. Bridwell. He fused L4-L5 with rods and screws.

Comment

Linda--
        How relieved you must feel! To put Dr. Lenke in charge of this is the best scenario. Good luck to you with your appt. Janet
        Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
        Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
        Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
        Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
        T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

So happy for you! Please let us know how your appointment goes and best of luck.
          I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
          45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
          A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Linda,
            I'm so happy to read this post from you. Dr. Lenke will do whatever it takes (hopefully something minor) to make everything right for you. I am so thankful that you don't have to wait much longer to see him. I sent you an email last night.
            Thinking of you and feeling optimistic . . .
            Karen
            Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
            Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
            70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
            Rib Hump-GONE!
            Age-60 at the time of surgery
            Now 66
            Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
            Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
            Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
            Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
            tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
            http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Hi Linda...

Very glad you got an appointment. Hopefully, you'll look at this as just a bump in the road.

BTW, I was disappointed to see that you deleted both of your previous big threads. Not sure why you did that, and would encourage you (and others) not to do it in the future. There's actually a lot of good information in threads like those, that can be very helpful for people having similar issues.

Regards,
              Linda
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
                Hi Linda...

Very glad you got an appointment. Hopefully, you'll look at this as just a bump in the road.

BTW, I was disappointed to see that you deleted both of your previous big threads. Not sure why you did that, and would encourage you (and others) not to do it in the future. There's actually a lot of good information in threads like those, that can be very helpful for people having similar issues.

Regards,
                Linda
                . I guess that I was under the impression that we were not suppose to have more than one thread going at once. Is there a way to let the members know if you have posted something new on an old thread? Anyway, sorry that I did that Linda. I will know better next time. Maybe you could explain that to me a little clearer how to do this. Warmly, Linda
                Last edited by babyboomer16; 04-09-2013, 11:55 PM.
                Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
                May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

Glad that you got a quick appt. Hope it works out
                  Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Linda, I am glad that you are on the way to better health in your back. Sorry that you fell, but whatever happened to your back, Dr. Lenke will figure out what to do. I assume that you were not wearing your brace when maybe you should have. so, who is perfect? there are probably many on the blog who should be wearing the brace more that they should have, but just lucked out and didn't fall. Or they fell gently and didn't break anything.

Maybe Dr. Lenke will decide just to wait and see how it naturally heals. If he thinks that a small revision would be needed, then your team will get behind you and you will take a deep breath and go for it.

I did not hear that we should have only one thread going at a time. If you have the same thought or problem that you have entered before, then use the old thread and continue it. If it is a new problem, then start a new thread. As I understand it, don't start a new thread when you already have an older thread on the same problem.

I think that my drugs are making my thought pattern repetitive.

I am looking forward to your blog about what Dr. Lenke says.....as are so many others.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are a strong person and I know that whatever happens, you will be OK.

Hugs,
                    Susan
                    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Susan, you are cracking me up. You should be a writer.

Usually, Dr. Lenke doesn't have patients wear braces. Don't know about Linda specifically.
                      age 48
                      80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
                      Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
                      Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
                      Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
                      Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Good luck linda
                        Kara
                        Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
                        Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
                        T4-L2
                        Before 50T
                        After 20T

Comment

Linda... it's fine to have multiple threads, although I actually think it's better to just keep posting to the same thread (like Melissa has done). That way, new people who want to learn about your journey can find all your posts.

--Linda
                          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
                            Good luck linda
                            Thank-you Kennedy!
                            May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

Originally posted by susancook View Post
                              Linda, I am glad that you are on the way to better health in your back. Sorry that you fell, but whatever happened to your back, Dr. Lenke will figure out what to do. I assume that you were not wearing your brace when maybe you should have. so, who is perfect? there are probably many on the blog who should be wearing the brace more that they should have, but just lucked out and didn't fall. Or they fell gently and didn't break anything.

Maybe Dr. Lenke will decide just to wait and see how it naturally heals. If he thinks that a small revision would be needed, then your team will get behind you and you will take a deep breath and go for it.

I did not hear that we should have only one thread going at a time. If you have the same thought or problem that you have entered before, then use the old thread and continue it. If it is a new problem, then start a new thread. As I understand it, don't start a new thread when you already have an older thread on the same problem.

I think that my drugs are making my thought pattern repetitive.

I am looking forward to your blog about what Dr. Lenke says.....as are so many others.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are a strong person and I know that whatever happens, you will be OK.

Hugs,
                              Susan
                              Hi Susan. Hope this note finds you healing well and in good spirit. I had a not so good night last night. I am having pain in my right hip(butt)although it was the left side rod that I broke. I didn't wear a brace after surgery. I am thinking that Dr. Lenke will have to do surgery and I mean a pretty good revision surgery. I say that because of the wayI am pitching to the right and then forward a little bit. Enough that it makes me have to use some strength to pull myself up. I feel like crying a lot of the time. I never feel that way, EVER!! But this has really got me down. I should be ashamed of myself for feeling sorry for me! I had so many plans and I'm so afraid, (and I don't know why) that the good Dr. will leave me this way. Why do I feel that way. Where is that fear coming from. I think It's because I fell and messed up his art work. How screwed up is That thinking? I know he's a compassionate man. So I need to settle down. All of us on this web site have been through many lumps and bumps! Some more than others, but still the same, it's all stressful. You are amazing the way you're healing after a huge surgery. I am so proud of you, and happy for you. Just keep up the good work. I read your last post yesterday, and was surprised at how well you sound! I just want you to know that just writing this makes me feel better. Thanks for letting me vent. I will survive, I promise you that. My faith and this website are two very important blessings! I will keep you in my prayers and all the rest of our scoli's that are struggling to have a normal life. Warmly, Linda
                              May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

Working...
                              X