Weakness in left hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weakness in left hand

I am 7months post op and have had numbness and loss of strengthless in my left hand. Could this have anything to do with my surgery. I am fused all the way done.

Wow, retired Mom. Did this just start or has it been ongoing? I'm not a doctor so can't say if it's related to your fusion. I don't see how anyone would be able to tell until they check you out. Arm numbness usually comes from a problem in your neck. I recommend getting in to see SOMEONE, even if it's your general practitioner, today, especially if it's sudden onset. Otherwise I would recommend calling your doctor today and letting him/her know what is going on. I hope you feel better.
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

Originally posted by retired Mom View Post
      I am 7months post op and have had numbness and loss of strengthless in my left hand. Could this have anything to do with my surgery. I am fused all the way done.
      I think it's usually either your neck or locally in your arm (e.g. carpal tunnel), but it can also be an issue with your heart. You should see your primary care doctor.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X