Cervical thoracic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cervical thoracic question

Has anyone been fused thoracic to sacrum! Then developed cervical thoracic problems? So much pain all of a sudden.

Thank you to anyone who can give me info.

Yes that happened with mine. In order to relieve the problem I would get on the floor and do a plank on my forearms. Push up or down and something would move and feel better.
    Now because of my car accident and broken neck I haven't tried that. But now I am fused both anterior and posterior in the cervical. If the pain gets too much now I put on my cervical collar until it goes away.
    T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
    C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
    T2--T10 fusion 2/11
    C 4-5 fusion 11/14
    Right scapulectomy 6/15
    Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
    To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
    Broken neck 9/28/2018
    Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
    Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
    Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
    Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
    Osteotomy

Comment

Originally posted by jackieg412 View Post
      Yes that happened with mine. In order to relieve the problem I would get on the floor and do a plank on my forearms. Push up or down and something would move and feel better.
      Now because of my car accident and broken neck I haven't tried that. But now I am fused both anterior and posterior in the cervical. If the pain gets too much now I put on my cervical collar until it goes away.
      I can’t imagine being able to do a plank. It hurts to just lean over to pet my dog. It hurts under my left shoulder blade the most. My hunch side is my right.

Comment

Originally posted by jackieg412 View Post
        So you are now fused from Cervical to sacrum? Do you have motion in your neck?

Comment

Yes I can turn my neck but not well. I can look from side to side but I can't keep looking. It gets too sore yet.
          T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
          C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
          T2--T10 fusion 2/11
          C 4-5 fusion 11/14
          Right scapulectomy 6/15
          Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
          To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
          Broken neck 9/28/2018
          Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
          Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
          Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
          Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1