Clear All

• Poll: $6K for a hard brace is...

1. the essence of being held up
    2. a shock to the conscience
    3. a reasonable price
    4. Are we on "Candid Camera?"
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

I tried to post this as a poll but it kept erroring out.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I choose 1, 2, and 4

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

those would be my answers too..

i am very upset right now about the ground hog! again with the shadow!

jess

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
          those would be my answers too..

i am very upset right now about the ground hog! again with the shadow!

jess
          If I can figure out how to do the poll function, I'll try to start one about groundhogs, also. But the choices are going to be along the lines of

they are cute
          they are very cuite
          they are extremely cute
          they are about as cute as hamsters cooking jello
          etc.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

hmmm...cooking jello? can hamsters OR ground hogs cook anything else?

they are inaccurate, apparently...according to weather guys, ground hogs are accurate about 49% of time..like the toss of a coin! only thing is..i cant remember an early spring in a long time! lately, the northeast gets warm around july! what happened to globaL warming?

Comment

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]hmmm...cooking jello? can hamsters OR ground hogs cook anything else?
              Not sure if they can cook or not. Would you really consider making jello "cooking"?

Anyway, we could always just cook the groundhog! Some people (NOT ME) actually do eat groundhogs.

Mary Lou
              Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Off track!

I think we are getting off track again... the point is hamsters cook jello:

http://cuteoverload.com/2009/12/25/supper/

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
                  Not sure if they can cook or not. Would you really consider making jello "cooking"?
                  It requires wearing a cooking apron!!! (see link in previous post)

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

EAT GROUND HOGS?? cause they're really hungry..or what? do they only eat the ground hogs who give the wrong answer about early spring?

is that hamster REALLY cooking...cause to me he looks as if he is EATING jello...not cooking it...he just wants you to THINK he is cooking it..

and yes, as a single woman for most of her life til 3 years ago, i DO consider making jello cooking..boiling water is cooking too..cause that's how you make hard boiled eggs, so it counts! only throwing Lean Cusisine in the microwave is not cooking...cause somebody else cooked it...

jess

Comment

Jess
                      Here is one of the replies on that hampster. No not eating, or cooking but;

kibblenibble 12.25.09 at 1:40 pm

It looks like her tiny nosicle is sniffing the jello. *sneef sneef*

(and under her apron, she’s wearing…HAMaloons!!!

================================================== =========

I guess "sneefing" the methane gas coming up from the bottom of the cage was just a little much, and the jello was a needed break!

Here is a great idea for an old monitor.
                      49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                      Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                      ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                      Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

EAT GROUND HOGS?? cause they're really hungry..or what? do they only eat the ground hogs who give the wrong answer about early spring?

is that hamster REALLY cooking...cause to me he looks as if he is EATING jello...not cooking it...he just wants you to THINK he is cooking it..

and yes, as a single woman for most of her life til 3 years ago, i DO consider making jello cooking..boiling water is cooking too..cause that's how you make hard boiled eggs, so it counts! only throwing Lean Cusisine in the microwave is not cooking...cause somebody else cooked it...

jess
                        Yes, some people actually hunt groundhogs and then eat them. No, sorry to say, no one can eat the ones who give the wrong answer. They are so protected by the humans who "decide" if he's seen his shadow or not that you can't even get close to them.

I agree--the hamster looks like he is about to take a bite, not cooking the jello. Besides, if he were cooking, wouldn't he be at the stove boiling the water and the powdered jello would be in the box or the mixing bowl?

I AM SO SO SORRY! My bad! Making jello IS cooking! I'll have to remember that the next time I make jello. Can I officially make jello and serve it to my husband for dinner and tell him I "cooked" him dinner?

Mary Lou
                        Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
                          Yes, some people actually hunt groundhogs and then eat them. No, sorry to say, no one can eat the ones who give the wrong answer. They are so protected by the humans who "decide" if he's seen his shadow or not that you can't even get close to them.

I agree--the hamster looks like he is about to take a bite, not cooking the jello. Besides, if he were cooking, wouldn't he be at the stove boiling the water and the powdered jello would be in the box or the mixing bowl?

I AM SO SO SORRY! My bad! Making jello IS cooking! I'll have to remember that the next time I make jello. Can I officially make jello and serve it to my husband for dinner and tell him I "cooked" him dinner?

Mary Lou
                          I'm sitting here unable to stop giggling over this post! AHHH!

Look, cooking aprons don't lie. 'Nough said.

And Ti Ed, that monitor "cage" is too small by a large factor. They need way more space and some toys. And food.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Always happy to do my part in making someone giggle or smile.

Mary Lou

Comment

got our backs!!!

Pooka1....

I really feel you've "got our backs"..

Reminding all us alternative care scoliosis people, to make sure we aren't getting ripped off..

You have some great insights and it's always good for all of us to check things out from other angles.

Thanks for providing that "other " angle.

Hope

Comment

Working...
                              X