Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More chiro article cherry picking

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...-chiropractors

I think chiro has raised this dubious activity to a zen art. Of course they are untrained in research. But then why are they playing at it?

Again, the only hope is the evidence-based chiros. I hope they can convince all the other chiros why evidence matters.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Great article.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Pam mentioned she doesn't know how they sleep at night. But I think with chiro, we have to consider they simply don't have the training and are ignorant. Recall that data table from Quackwatch where chiro had the lowest average GPA to enter one of these schools compared to several medical professions. In fact some (many?) folks going to chiro school don't have an undergraduate degree. And they still get the title "Dr." coming out the other end, at least in the US but not in the UK.
      Last edited by Pooka1; 01-29-2010, 12:02 PM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I have a member of my extended family who is a chiro. They won't give their kid immunizations because there's no 'scientific proof' they are safe. But they'll take her (~6 months old) to get 'adjustments'.

It's almost like they're trying to be contraians.

Comment

See the immunization thing is consistent with my suggestion that they are just flat out ignorant.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
          X