Dr. Michael Neuwirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Michael Neuwirth

Can anyone please provide any feedback on Dr. Michael Neuwirth in NY....the Spine Institute of NY ?

Thanks.

Dear slsinge,

Glancing through thread titles, I was surprised and upset (for your sake) to see that you had not gotten a reply.

Dr. Neuwirth was one of three surgeons I recently consulted on a trip to NYC (quite a distance from me) and it was entirely because of referrals and positive remarks on this site. I guess the parties with experience just missed your question.

If the search engine here works well, you should be able to find all the references I saw and then some, just by using it. Just be sure to try different ways of phrasing your query and also be flexible about what forums you want to search in. I should think with his unusual name, "Neuwirth" alone should suffice!

Good luck in your search and medical journey!

PS I haven't yet decided who I want to operate on me but he is certainly still on the list. He impressed me as both knowledgeable and personable. I think, frankly, I'm still in a state of shock about some of the information I got on that fact-finding trip, so decision-making is hard.
    Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
    Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
    main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
    Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

BTW I see you posted your query on two other forums too, also with no replies. Although you should still have gotten replies right here, I will point out that the others were bound to fail as they were in the "non-surgical" forums!

Cheers.
      Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
      Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
      main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
      Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

hi Slsinge
        i have had consults with Dr Neuwirth, who takes my insurance, & with Dr Boachie, who doesnt take my insurance...both in NYC...i dont get reimbursements with my plan, so i must use in network doctors......or just pay cash out of pocket for consults...

i prefer Dr Lonner in NYC...he has followed my curves for over 5 years now...for the first time this month, he has offered me minimal invasive for my lumbar....not heard of for me just one year ago! quite a change!! i went to Dr Anand, the advocate of minimal for lumbar in CA this January just to hear him say any and all lumbar curves can be done minimally...sure enuf, he said "yes"! but on the east coast, this is the first time any surgeon has offered to do minimal invasive for my lumbar curve! i might add that i've been consulting with scoli doctors for several years, and the only minimal scoli surgery i heard of before now was only for thoracic area...

jess
        Last edited by jrnyc; 04-24-2010, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X