Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January, February, March 2010 surgeries...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January, February, March 2010 surgeries...

It seems like the official calendar either isn't working or is very slow or people don't know how to use it. I would like to keep an UNofficial calendar again-- I just ask for everyone's help in getting the info to me to post. Add the info on as a post in this thread or PM me with it, please-- whether it's your own or just one you happen upon while reading threads. Let's do retroactive for January, so if someone already went, let's post it. That way we know who is recovering as well.

It's sooooo hard to know who's doing what without something like this. I know we will probably miss posting some, but hope it won't be too many-- and it has to be better than what is on the official calendar (it's still blank for those months). Thanks for your help!

BTW-- this is for any and all scoli surgeries, regardless of age, revision, etc. Be sure to include however much info you want-- name, extent of fusion, P or A, surgeon, hospital, location, etc.

JANUARY
    25th - Jimbo - Sydney, Australia
    26th - jlg627 (Jen) - T2(or 4?)-pelvis
    29th - jenparker - T4-L3 w/ Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
    29th - ckieft (Chris) - @Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC

FEBRUARY
    2nd - ADMoul (Anne) - T4 to sacrum w/ osteotomies and cages; all posterior, w/ Dr. Lonner @NYU Hospital for Joint Disease
    9th - KateScoliKid (Katlin -16yo) (AND ddb's DD!) - surgery T11-L3, CHKD In VA
    11th - asha - @Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles, CA
    17th - huskymom (Melissa) - C5/6-L1/2

MARCH
    1st - RitaR - T3-sacrum and revision, w/ Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
    8th - Tammy T. (TobyT's wife) - w/ Dr. Nunley, Shreveport LA
    10th - kennedy (Kara) - w/ Dr. Gupta @ UC Davis Medical Center
    12 or 16th? - saribari (Sarah) - Australia
    17th and 18th - Nitram - A/P T10-pelvis w/ Dr. Christopher Good/Virginia Spine @ Reston Hospital
    18th - naptown78 (Kristy) - revision surgery, Indianapolis
    25th - pint47 (Barb) - posterior spinal fusion T10 to pelvis w/Dr. Sethie, Johnson City, NY.
    31st - Radiogirl (Laura, from Cleveland) - T4-L4(?) w/ Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
    31st - TexEx (Melissa) - w/ Dr. Hansen, Houston, TX
    Last edited by Susie*Bee; 03-27-2010, 08:16 AM. Reason: add other surgeries...
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

DD's surgery in Feb - she has just started posting under KateScoliKid.

Katlin (16yo) - surgery date Feb 9th - T-11 -> L-3 CHKD In Va
    Dee - Mother of two daughters, both with scoliosis KateScoliKid (16yo) 52* Lumbar curve
    Fusion Surgery 2/9/10 T-11->L-3 @CHKD Norfolk VA
    Jes (20yo) T 3 -> L 3 w/ Kyphosis

Comment

Just scheduled my revision for March 18
      May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

I don’t know about you guys, but I really missed Susie Bees surgical status threads of the past.

I wake up, look at the news, check the weather, glance the sports section, and of course, Susie Bees threads.

Once I wondered if they were going to add it to the Wall St Journal. Front page, of course.

In fact I'm sure that some surgeons out there checked her threads to see who the heck they were operating on for the week.... LOL

Honestly, I couldn’t keep track without Susie Bee.
        Thx
        Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Haha!..Ed!...that's so funny! Susie Bee thank you so much for doing this!
          Radiogirl (Laura) from Cleveland
          Dr. Lenke St. Louis
          3/31/10
          62 degrees
          T4-L4 ? Will know more after my preop 2/24/10
          Laura
          62 degrees
          49 yrs. young
          Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

ADMoul
            Feb. 2 - Dr. Lonner - NYU Hospital for Joint Disease
            T-4 to sacrum with osteotomies and cages; all posterior

Thanks for keeping everyone up to date. I thought I posted on the calendar but maybe it didn't work.

Anne in PA
            Age 58
            Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
            T4 to sacrum fusion
            63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
            Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
            Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Comment

Ed, you are sooooo funny!

This will help me feel connected... after having posted thousands of times (ok, maybe not quite that many), I just kind of ran out of things to say. This way I can think I'm still helping someone, maybe. I am a visual person and it helps me to see things "at a glance" rather than in random threads.

You are all welcome. Anne-- it may just take awhile for it to appear on the surgery calendar. I think I'll mention HOW LONG to Joe...
              Last edited by Susie*Bee; 01-24-2010, 12:49 PM.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

surgery date

I having surgery this Friday,the 29th at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC. I am a 42 year old mom who has watched my curve follow my age closely. It has passed me though and is around 50 degress. I have never had any kind of surgery , so you can imagine how I'm feeling.

Comment

Dear ckieft-- as they say, "this too shall pass..." and there will be many of us thinking of you and praying for a successful surgery and relatively quick recovery. Keep in mind that we were all pretty much scared and unsure what would happen and how life would be. Trust is such a difficult thing to grab hold of. Don't worry too much about the "what mights"-- but enjoy the present, with your kids. You've got a few days left to do some fun things, have some quality time, etc. So try to fill your life with them right now. Just make sure you get your supplies/bag packed and last minute errands run too. I think you'll find that this whole surgery journey will make you stronger in many ways. I made a scrapbook of my surgery and recovery. It was kind of fun to do and looking at it was proof positive of my recovery, even when it felt slow at times. Try to enjoy this week-- do some fun things together. And have a good cry too, if you need to do that. I know I did-- but not when anyone was around... sometimes that helps clear the air. I think a lot of people feel sort of calm and at peace right before their surgery. Scared yet excited. You'll do fine.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Thank you, SusieBee. My surgery is scheduled for Feb. 11th at Cedars Cinai in L.A. Good Luck everybody!!!
                    Pre-op thorasic curve of 50 degrees reduced to 18 degrees!! 8 years later Hardware removed...

Comment

Thanks, Susie Bee! This is very helpful to follow everyone's surgeries. I know when mine first appeared on last year's Jan-March it made me gulp--It seemed quite real suddenly but I knew I had lots of support here. Janet
                      Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                      Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                      Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                      Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                      T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
                        I don’t know about you guys, but I really missed Susie Bees surgical status threads of the past.

I wake up, look at the news, check the weather, glance the sports section, and of course, Susie Bees threads.

Once I wondered if they were going to add it to the Wall St Journal. Front page, of course.

In fact I'm sure that some surgeons out there checked her threads to see who the heck they were operating on for the week.... LOL

Honestly, I couldn’t keep track without Susie Bee.
                        Thx
                        Ed
                        I miss Susie Bee too. I figure she's really busy with work and those new grandbabies. I think it's time for a Susie Bee Update!!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                        Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                        Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                        Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                        Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Thanks Susie Bee

It is coming soon now

But I am ready for it

Melissa

Comment

I figured I would pop this up since Im so forgetful.
                            Ed
                            49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                            Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                            ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                            Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Good job, Ed!

Just got a PM that Joyful's surgery is coming up in Feb or March... anyone know the date? Are there some other surgeries that need to be listed??? If you add them on in a post, I'll get them put in that first one. Thanks!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Working...
                              X