Surgery Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimbo,

Just remember we only have to do this one day at a time. Breathe in God, breathe out fear...
    Les
    Les, Biker Babe, age 56 (at time of first surgery)
    Fused T2 to S2, posterior only, 8 Apr 08
    T3 fracture repair and revision, Mar 09
    Broke left lower rod and pelvic screws removal, Dec 09
    Scheduled to remove all hardware, replaced everything instead due to non-fusion, Nov 10
    Remove top 2" of rods and screws, Feb 14
    Pre surgery degrees: L40, T45
    Post surgery degrees: L8, T10

Happy, joyous and pain-free!
    Surgeon: C Timothy Floyd, MD, Boise Orthopedic Clinic

Comment

It's 8.30 am in Sydney. Jimbo is likely in theatre. I hope he felt some of that inexplicable calm that many of us feel just prior to surgery.

We're barracking for you Jimbo!
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Jimbo--
        Your day is finally here! You'll do great and can't wait to hear from you on the other side. Prayers for a great outcome and recovery. Janet
        Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
        Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
        Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
        Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
        T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Good Luck!

Hey Jimbo!

All the best of luck for your surgery and I hope you have a great and safe recovery! Let me know how your experience with having Dr Gray as your surgeon goes

Hope to hear about how well you are doing soon,
          Eb
          10/09/09 - Diagnosed with Double Curved Scoliosis
          Curves degrees day before surgery (13th of May):
          T4-T10 = 89 degrees
          & T11-L4 = 75 degrees
          Surgery successful on the 14th of May, 2010
          Curves after surgery measured:
          T4-T10 = 34 degrees
          & T11-L4 = 25 degrees - Now 30 degrees as of 2012

Sydney, Australia
          http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...09-09_1456.jpg
          ^ Picture of my curves before surgery

Comment

Can't wait to hear good news from you, Jimbo!
            Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
            AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
            Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
            Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
            EMAIL ME

Comment

Jimbo --

Like everyone else I'm looking forward to hearing how you are doing.

Sheri
              At age 56 my curves measured: 48/60/30 with lots of rotation and getting worse
              Posterior fusion T5-L4 June 30, 2009
              Excellent correction

Comment

Jimbo,

I am also eagerly waiting to find out how you are doing

Melissa

Comment

hey jim...i will keep you in my thoughts & prayers as i fly back to east coast tomorrow...am off to cedars sinai now to see what dr anand has to say...doubt that anyone can fuse me without major incisions...

i hope you have a smooth procedure & an uneventful healing....

best wishes
                  jess

Comment

hey jimbo,

I have you in my thoughts and prayers as well. Hope you are healing fast and getting lots of rest. Let us know how you are doing soon.
                    -Bethany
                    pre-op L 74*
                    pre-op Th 56*
                    surgery scheduled for jan. 6th 2010
                    getting nervous

Comment

Jimbo, I echo everyone's sentiment. My prayers go out to you for a full and speedy recovery. Joy

Comment

holy cow!

what an operation.

i am in bed now on endone morphine tablets. og surgery was to fuse from t5-l4.

that didnt happen unfortunatlyly. the surgeon found an already partially fused disk at t5 as well as a fracture! so he tempo extended the hooks to l5 looking at removing them in 9 months. i gotta wear a small lumbar brace for 6 months to up my success of stabilisation of l5. if not the fusuion will have to be extended ti pelvis in 8 months :-[

i am showeering on my own(had two today) and walked 200 meteres today:]

pain levels for first three days were immense only controlled with morphine pca. pain level has eases cept for illiac hip, that sucks.

when i walk i get very nervous as it feels unbelievably stiff ans awkward! i hope this eases.

saw xrays 100% correction. but long fusion. no bm in six days lol, i am just wishing to poo now. break lotta wind which is good sign of now bowel obstruction.

surgeon is awesome Dr Grey, comes in daily to see me and is filled with confidence that i am and will do just fine. i will just be pottering round like old man for few months xD

i am getting alot of popping sound from spine when moving.

very hard to get comfy, no position is a good one but you just live with it for now.

family and friends have been coming by but have asked for no more visitors because peple get too distresses to see me in pain and therefore stresses me.

have been eating well, food here is yummy :P

surgery is very rough! but tollerable. will up my rays tomorrow. you gys rock

peace out

jimo

;
                        45L/40T
                        Surgery 25/1/2010
                        Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

Congrats buddy! Sounds like a great success! The first few days were rough, but youre already showering and walking- thats awesome. I cant wait to see your xrays
                          Pre-surgery- 80°+ thoracic/ 60°+ lumbar
                          Still unsure of post-op numbers
                          37 yrs. old, 6'7" ish
                          Scoli pics

Comment

Good to 'read' from you

Hi Jimbo, good to see that you are well enough to post. Hope you do really well with the brace and that you won't require further surgery. With regards to the fracture, was this caused by the pressure of the scoli? Give the hip some time, although i must admit - it does bloody hurt!Take care and really rest, sleeping is the best cure! All the best.
                            Vali
                            44 years young! now 45
                            Surgery - June 1st, 2009
                            Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
                            St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
                            Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
                            Post -op - 5 degrees
                            T11 - S1 Posterior
                            L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

Yes, it's super to hear from you!!! That's fantastic that you are up to posting already, and it sounds like you are on track and doing well. Each day will bring improvement; strength, able to do a little more, etc. It's just slow going at first. You will feel so pleased with all your victories-- even the "poo" one! Looking forward to more posts as you get better and better... listen to your body and don't overdo. It's a fine line between pushing yourself a little so you can bring on the healing (walking is so important) and overdoing. Take care! Susie
                              71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                              2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                              5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                              Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                              CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                              10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Hi Jimbo
                                glad you are on the healing side now...sorry for your complications...but it sounds like your doctor really knows what he is doing, so that hopefully inspires confidence in you...may your pain lessen with each day...i hope your recovery road is smooth & that you are up & walking with more success each day!

jess

Comment

Working...
                                X