I've posted a few times but this is FOR REAL.
Surgery on January 29th with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis.
My surgery is 11 days away and I fluctuate between calm and freaking out.
Any last advice?
I stop taking all meds and supplements tomorrow. Done with the iron (I gave two autologous donations).
My house is organized--just need to make a drop off at the the local thrift store.
My mom will be with me in St. Louis during the surgery.
My husband will be here in Salt Lake with the four kiddos--14, 13, 10, and 6.
A neighbor (whom I love) keeps trying to get me to cancel and do "Spinal Touch Therapy."--Hard to tell someone that I care about that I made this decision last April when I had my first appointment with Dr. Lenke--it was just the right thing to do.

I'm an RN--so I know way too much. I used to work in the OR. Just start the IV and knock me out! The plane right home is gonna be rough--any suggestions? We have the bulkhead seats and I will time the meds to the minute but. . . I love kids but I know some little kid will be behind me kicking the seat all the way home

My fusion will be T4-L3. My freaking out is wondering what I'll be able to do (down the road of course). I am a clean-a-holic. I wash my floors on my hands and knees? Any more of that?

I love to walk 4 miles a day on my treadmill--in one hour. Will I be able to do that ever again?

I might be facing a divorce later this year. Will I be able to work as a nurse and be a single mom?

So many unknowns! Yet, I do know that I am tired of being in pain every single day and night. Dr. Lenke said I have an 80% chance of being out of pain. 10% chance of being in different pain and 10% chance of being in worse pain.

Thank you all for listening. It's been very good therapy to write this all out. I know I can't be the only one with these types of worries--because I read your threads every single day.

Thank you to each and every one of you--I talk about all of you to others as if I know you. It's funny--but I really feel like I do in some small way.

Jennifer
age 37