Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant take the pain anymore!!

Hey its Syd,
    Hey again lately I have in so much pain it like takes over my movement I can barely move when I get into my back pain My parents are always worring about me with my back I worry about them to because its stressing them out too! But the other side is that I am very happy that I am soon going to be out of pain like the others that already had the surgery .Hey if you had the surgery how much pain do you still have in your back or do you have any pain anymore ?
    Last edited by Syd; 01-19-2010, 06:59 PM.
    [COLOR="Cyan"]59 degree curve birth
    110 degree curve now
    Sydnie SueAnn ^.^ Always open to help xo

Hey Syd: I know exactly how you feel. I'm in agonizing pain myself. I'm at 80+ degrees and my lung capacity is quickly dwindling. It hurts to breathe. It hurts to even sniffle. Thank goodness for heat pads - it's my only salvation at this point. I'm still working full time, so my evenings are spent on the heat pad. I try to stretch out my pain pills as much as I can. I have a muscle relaxer but cannot tolerate the sleepiness with it along with the pain pills, so sticking with the pain pills at this point. But, I sympathize with you and your pain. We'll stick it out together. I'm going in July for surgery. Can't come soon enough (I think?)....
    Rita Thompson
    Age 46
    Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
    Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
    Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
    Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Hey rita you acually know how I feel I have a 41 % breathing compasity whats yours? and that sucks that you have yo work a job and have hard breathing I just ahve to go to school its easy for me except gym . Gym is really hard on my back and I constantely go to the nurses office. also I cant take medicine because My docter and my parents want me to be healthy for the surgery so right now my ice pack is my best friend haha
      110 degree curve now

Comment

Hi there Syd: I don't know what my lung capacity is exactly, but I know it's not good because I'm having trouble talking in whole sentences without stopping in the middle to take a breath. Isn't that awful?! And, I've noticed that even walking around the house at home I'm walking slower and especially at work as the day goes on the slower I go. I am in excruciating pain! It hurts to breathe all the time. It hurts to take a breath or even sniffle. I seem to spend at least two hours a night getting to sleep, then having a hard time getting up in the morning and spend most of the day very tired. I sit on the heat pad as much as I possibly can. I"m taking Propoxyphene for pain and Skelaxin for the muscle spasms. I really think it helps some, but just not a bunch. Working all day seems to tire me a lot, but I have no choice in that matter. Work is where the insurance comes from and the money. Soooooo, no choice there. Fortunately I do not have a real hard job so that helps. I'm scheduled for sx in July - I can't imagine waiting that long. I don't think I can possibly wait that long, but I'm giving it my best effort. It's mostly the breathing part that bothers me the most. I just stick close to my heat pad in the evenings and weekends.
        Rita Thompson
        Age 46
        Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
        Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
        Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
        Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Hi Syd, i don't have any back pain anymore, just some minor discomfort when i overdo it.
          Vali
          44 years young! now 45
          Surgery - June 1st, 2009
          Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
          St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
          Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
          Post -op - 5 degrees
          T11 - S1 Posterior
          L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

Hey Vali ,
            thats good that your out of pain I am very happy to hear that
            110 degree curve now

Comment

hey rita that is very sad to hear that you are in that much of pain and I know how you feel even when I walk to class I have to take a breath to calm down to sit down and hey it sounds like you need to go see a pluminary have you before?
              110 degree curve now

Comment

Working...
              X