Need Answers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike
    I just noticed your earlier post about a surgeon in Indianapolis? I have my revision surgery scheduled in March with Terry Trammel. He said he works closely with Dr . Bridwell and I think Dr. B is a great consult for you. Good Luck!!
    May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

I just got fused from T2-pelvic 15 days ago..I had pretty significant curves, but I saw many Dr's before picking the Dr. that I picked.. They pretty much said the same thing. Its not something I had to have done immediately but if I held off until I was 40s or 50s I was risking not getting the correction that I got as well as developing heart and lung problems. I suggest you go see other Dr's because if you are basically putting your life in this persons had. Any gut feelings I had about a Dr. made me def not want them operating on me. I hope this helps. I;m sorry I can't really tell you what I cant or can do as of yet. But the pain that I experience before the operation is gone..Its mostly muscle pain that I am experience now but in a few weeks I am sure I will be as goood as new =)

27 year old female
      Upper Curve 110 degrees
      Lower Curve 90 degrees
      Surgery with Dr. Wood at MGH 1/11/10 && 1/14/10
      Fused T2-Pelvis
      Back looks amazing and no more Hump! ^_^

Comment

s000 much pain lying on incision sites. constant pressure on back. god othurts
        45L/40T
        Surgery 25/1/2010
        Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

feel i wont get better amd miorphine making me into a nihgtmare.

had enema and evacuated but bowles still wont work on their own

tummy burning feeling, get motr enemas tomoro
          45L/40T
          Surgery 25/1/2010
          Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

Jimbo,
            It's still very early. You will need to have some patience with your body and healing. It's been through a horrific ordeal. Contact your doctor's office and they'll have some advice.
            Take care and hang in there! Recovery is long.
            CSC
            Idiopathic Scoliosis; Wore a Milwaukee brace; Told by physician it would not progress
            S curve; Surgery date: January 29, 2008!!

Comment

I'm sure Jimbo is still in hospital. Jimbo...you just had your surgery done...this is only temporary...remember that. Your body has miraculous healing powers and we are all praying for you..and that sure helps too! Tomorrow will be better than today. Just try to get through today. Sleep as much as you can...your body restores itself when you are sleeping. Hang in there Jim!!!

Laura
              Laura
              62 degrees
              49 yrs. young
              Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

Hi Jimbo
                for whenever you can read this..ditto the last 2 posts...others have gotten thru this..just tell yourself you will too...it just seems so awful & hellish now...but it will be better...the more you sleep, the faster it will seem that the days will go by...please keep your hope in your heart...cause i know..& i bet everybody on forum knows...we are praying for you & know it will all be OK in a little while..hang in there...just breathe...one after the next...breathe..

jess

Comment

Anybody have terrible pain in the hip area? It feels like my hip is jammed up into my pelvis or something. This happens every once in a while and its just miserable. I can hardly move or walk. Couldnt even go to work today...
                  Pre-surgery- 80°+ thoracic/ 60°+ lumbar
                  Still unsure of post-op numbers
                  37 yrs. old, 6'7" ish
                  Scoli pics

Comment

hey mike
                    i have really bad hip pain..but dont know if it is from my scoli or degenerative disc disease..do you have any herniated discs?
                    sorry you're in pain

jess

Comment

Yeah, I do to. My hip pain is actually just as bad if not worse than my back pain. Dr. said it's just cuz my whole torso is thrown off.
                      Laura
                      62 degrees
                      49 yrs. young

Before and After pics

Comment

I hear you guys. I don't look in the mirror anymore. The belly button is now off to one side. OMG!!! Can someone really put that back over there where it belongs please and soon - this is really starting to freak me out!
                        Rita Thompson
                        Age 46
                        Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
                        Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
                        Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
                        Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Well we just got done packing and loading up the car. We're headed to St. Louis to see Dr. Bridwell tomorrow. Its going to be about an 8 hour drive, but well worth it. Lets just hope we dont get stuck in a blizzard on the way!
                          Pre-surgery- 80°+ thoracic/ 60°+ lumbar
                          Still unsure of post-op numbers
                          37 yrs. old, 6'7" ish
                          Scoli pics

Comment

Good luck Osumike. You're in good hands in St. Louis. I travel to St. Louis in May for preop and then surgery in July. Hopefully they can move me up sooner. We'll be thinking about you. Keep us posted.
                            Rita Thompson
                            Age 46
                            Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
                            Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
                            Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
                            Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Hope the drive goes well and your appointment is very informative. Keep us posted on what Dr. B. says. Best wishes.
                              71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                              2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                              5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                              Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                              CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                              10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

OSU Mike!...did you go to St. Louis? Did you get caught in snow??? Let us know asap about your appt. there. That will be my home for a couple weeks in April.
                                Laura
                                62 degrees
                                49 yrs. young

Before and After pics

Comment

Working...
                                X