Scheduled my revision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled my revision

Well I made my decision to have revision surgery. Now that I have made the decision I am anxious for the time to go fast so I can get it over with. March 18th is the day. I have a sagittal imbalance caused by my original fusion in 2008. I hope hope hope this time it goes well and I can get my life back!!! I have confidence in my new surgeon. I just want to be able to stand upright again. :-))
    May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

hey I hope it will go good and the best thing is to have confidence in yourself and that keeps you from stressing out ! good luck and will be praying for ya!
    [COLOR="Cyan"]59 degree curve birth
    110 degree curve now
    Sydnie SueAnn ^.^ Always open to help xo

Comment

I pray that it all goes well. I know it will be worth it to walk standing tall again and not have to fight your body with every step! Keep us updated...Take care!

Comment

Good luck! I know what a difficult decision it is to make having been in your place just about 9 months ago...best of luck!

Always Smilin'
        Colleen

1982 fused T2-L1
        pre op 45 - post op 33 (left thoracic)
        pre op 53 - post op 18 (right thoracic)

recheck 2006
        right thoracic 57
        lower lumbar 34

surgical revision April 28,2009
        revision T3-L1; new fusion L1-L4
        unsure of degrees at this point

Comment

Hey Kristy
          i think that is great, that you are having the revision...will keep you in my thoughts & prayers that all goes well & that this does the trick!

jess

Comment

thanks friends!

Having trouble sleeping these days. My body is so uncomfortable in any position. Does this make sense...my head does not feel like it sits right on my neck? Among all my other things that don't feel right! I know my dr can't make me perfect but I want to be able to at least function to a level I was at before my original fusion.
            To Syd, good luck to you too!

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

yeah, it makes sense...it is all connected...you cant disconnect the neck from the rest of the body..it is connected to the back...i still have pain from whiplash accident (very real!) & chronic neck pain from lyme disease!(the arthritis is lasting...even if the infection is cleared!)

hope you feel better...& more than anything, i hope that your revision does it...once & for all!

i am flying to CA next week for consult with dr anand...we will see what he has to say...but my expectations are not very high...i dont really believe minimal invasive can help a low lumbar problem like mine...

take care
              jess

Comment

Good luck to you Kristy,

Hopefully everything will go perfectly and your recovery will be easy. It must make you feel better to have a plan of action in place.

Keep us posted!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Making a decision like this is difficult - I hope you feel relieved with that. I wish you well.
                  1966 fusion in Buffalo of 11 thoracic vertebrae, with Harrington rod

Comment

Revision Surgery

Kristi - Who is your surgeon. I'm in Indy and looking for docs with adult scoliosis experience. Anyone you recommend or don't recommend? Who did your first surgery?
                    Age 56
                    Wore a Milwaukee Brace for 3 years in hs
                    Fused L4-S1 for high grade spondylolisthesis Jan '09 in Indy
                    Thoracic 68
                    Surgery Aug 31, 2010 T3 to L1
                    Dr Bridwell St Louis
                    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...1&d=1289881696

Comment

Kristy,
                      You are only a week away now. I wish you well and pray that you will finally be comfortable and be able to function much better than before your original surgery.
                      Sally
                      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Thanks Sally!
                        I am on the final stretch now... my last weekend to get ready and nest. If I stop to think about it, I get a little nervous.

Comment

Good Luck

I'll be thinking of you and sending my best positive thoughts all day. I'm also in Indy so they will get there quickly.

Comment

Working...
                          X