Bursa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bursa

Just wondering for those of you who are a few months post op if any of you have developed a Bursa(sack of fluid) at any points throughout your fusion. I seem to have one, or so my doc thinks. I originally thought it was at the tops of the rods yet I learned the rods go up 3 inches higher...ya, I know, stupid me. Anyways, the cortisone has helped some yet I seem to be developing more lumps in that area......any thoughts on this one?
    Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
    50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
    Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
    X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
    Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
    Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
    Nice and straight now!!!!!

Hi Susan...

I've heard of others who have had pockets of fluid, but I think they've been called seromas. I don't know if they're the same. Whatever it is, I hope yours is something benign.

Regards,
    Linda
    Last edited by LindaRacine; 01-18-2010, 11:31 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Post-op Dr. Boachie noted I had painful bursa around my hardware. It went away. I wonder if it is part of the healing process?
      Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
      Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Originally posted by asccbodypro View Post
        Just wondering for those of you who are a few months post op if any of you have developed a Bursa(sack of fluid) at any points throughout your fusion. I seem to have one, or so my doc thinks. I originally thought it was at the tops of the rods yet I learned the rods go up 3 inches higher...ya, I know, stupid me. Anyways, the cortisone has helped some yet I seem to be developing more lumps in that area......any thoughts on this one?
        Welllll ... everyone has bursae (multiple bursa) all over their bodies. They're normal, and are simply little sacks of synovial fluid that help lubricate our joints.

Sounds like (with cortisone shots) he suspected bursitis (swelling of bursa/e).

Pam
        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

Working...
        X