No announcement yet.

first surgery and scoliosis getting painful and making me scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I remind folks that this IS a kid's forum, and is meant for kids to talk to kids. The Parent's forum can be found here:

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

hi ,
      this forum is for kids? or parents? im sorry I do not not understand?
      [COLOR="Cyan"]59 degree curve birth
      110 degree curve now
      Sydnie SueAnn ^.^ Always open to help xo

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post
        hi ,
        this forum is for kids? or parents? im sorry I do not not understand?
        Sorry Syd, didn't mean to confuse you. This IS a kids' forum.
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

ohh okay thank you for your time have a nice day!
          110 degree curve now

Comment

Thank you for all the help guys!
            110 degree curve now

Comment

How are you doing?

Hello Syd, I was wondering how you are doing after surgery?
              My son is 11 yrs with a curve over 96 degrees - surgery this spring - sometime soon I hope... he is special needs (he has SMS - Smith Magenis Syndrome) & doesn't ask questions like you were able to so I thank you for bringing your concerns forward so I have an idea of how things are & what kids your age would ask.
              I truely hope you are doing well in your recovery --- Ben's mom Nancy

Comment

hey Nancy ,
                I am happy you had asked me about the surgery I have not had my surgery yet but soon i will because they have been post poneing my surrgery because of my breathing . I am so very sorry that your son has smith magines syndrome and I hope his segery goes well ! I know quit alot about the surgery if you have any questions please just ask I would be really happy to answer any questions about the surgery . Oh and if I had the surgery I would be drozy feeling because of the pain medicine that my docters will be putting me on they have told me that they will try there best to keep me out of pain and after the surgery to most likely im going to be asleep so will your son . So he wont be in pain he will be sleeping most of the time . Has your son got a cat scan or a mri yet ?

Sincery,
                Sydnie
                110 degree curve now

Comment

Hello Syd, I am so sorry your lungs are not so strong right now...I hope you breathing becomes strong enough soon so you can feel better!!
                  Ben has not had a recent MRI or xray, they say everything will be done the Thursday before his surgery ... it looks like they are going to try for a mid May date (May 12 or 19) I hope this goes through as this is extremely hard waiting & he is always getting worse as he grows. I sure hope they have him sleep a lot as he does not understand what we will be doing ... hope he still likes me after this is over LOL - thank you for all the info, you sure are well prepared.
                  Ya being an SMS kid is not the easiest thing - a lot of behavior & learning difficulties but he is a good kid & very well liked by all ages in his school. I sure hope this surgery helps with his mobility - he is quite curved & has a hard time walking, running & playing.
                  Again thank you & good luck... Ben's Mom Nancy

Comment

Hey Nancy ,
                    Im so sorry that ben has to deal with all that pain with his curve !!
                    I hope everything goes good for ben's surgery!! I am positive he will love you after becuase he will be out of pain I know its really nerve racking to think of all whats happening but the best part is that you dont have to worry about him in pain anymore The growing part stinks I have to worry about that as well but I will pray that everything will go amazing after and before the surgery Tell me how he is after the surgery I would love to hear how he is doing !! I hope every thing will go great! Have a nice week too
                    110 degree curve now

Comment

Working...
                    X