My 15 year old son was diagnosed recently with scoliosis. 43, 41.5 and 19 degree curves. Our insurance presently covers all expenses. His Dr is talking surgery but wants to hold off because he has a lot of growing to do. The problem is that my husband was recently laid off and we will no longer have his insurance after December 2010. I can get insurance through my employer but it's not nearly as good a coverage as what we presently have. I'm not even sure how that would work if we need to switch companies right in the middle of teatment. Has anyone been in this situation? Our next appt is Feb 3.