Egoscue method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egoscue method?

Hi -- there is a place in town which does the Egoscue method of postural alignment ("Pain Free Performance"). Has anyone tried this ever? They said they could help scoliosis. If it were free I'd go in and try but it's not covered by my insurance. I'm not desperate- PT, weights, and yoga are working okay, but I want to do all I can to help my alignment (age 44, 34 over 49). Thanks for your thoughts, Christina.
    34L at diagnosis; Boston Brace 1979
    Current: 50L, 28T

Tried it a year or so ago... didn't follow the home exercise routine as much as I should of.

To my knowledge the "therapists" are only trained through their own thing- as in they are not Physical Therapists or in any way associated with any sort of "approved" medical treatment.

I did not see a difference. I noticed more of a difference in exercising regularly and doing 4 physical therapy exercises and 3 pilates exercises each day.

I still get spam emails from them even though I have sent requests numerous times to stop.

Their picture of the "improvement" I could show in a camera by simply flexing my abs and standing straighter.

Just my two cents... I still have all of my exercises and some I did like the stretch it gave me so I do them.

Oh- other warning- in order to do a lot of their exercises you have to buy the expensive equipment to do the "pose" in...

Comment

Thank you for that reply - interesting.
      34L at diagnosis; Boston Brace 1979
      Current: 50L, 28T

Comment

Working...
      X