Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems With Brace And Clothes! Read This!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems With Brace And Clothes! Read This!!!!

Hi-
    I wear a boston brace. It does really take a wear on your clothes. Any Problems Answer Back!!!!

Hey Rosebud,
    I know - Milwaukee braces for sure cause a lot of wear on clothes. I don't know about the Boston brace particularly, but from my Milwaukee brace days I constantly had to buy little bigger jeans and shirts because of my brace. Then, the plastic on the brace made little white lines on the jeans when I sat down and it became tighter. But, we do what we have to and just move on I guess. The brace really is a good thing - I can't stress that enough. I'm sorry it's "such a pain" for you, I know. But, please stick with it. If it keeps you from having to have surgery, it will be well worth it. Believe me.
    Rita Thompson
    Age 46
    Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
    Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
    Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
    Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Hi Rosebud,

Please know that all are welcome on this forum, but have you checked out the Spinekids website? It is a forum very similar to this one, but on that site it is mostly kids/teens posting whereas this one is mostly adults posting. You'll find a few kids posting on NSF, but not many.

Mary Lou
      Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Hi Rosebud9,

Some kids wear a camisole over their brace to help protect their clothes from the brace.
        mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
        Providence night brace, increased to 35*
        Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
        14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
        11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
        Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
        latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
        currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

wears on us too, wore out sweat pants and jeans.

I tried to make sure no rough edges are on it. And a T-shirt over it. A special car chair sport to avoid wear on the car upholstery
          age 15
          Daughter diagnosed at age 13
          T20 l23 10-09
          T27 L27 1/2010

T10 L 20 in brace 4/2010
          T22 L25 12/2010 out of brace
          T24 L25 7/2011 out of brace

Type 1 diabetes- pumping
          Wearing a Boston brace and Schroth therapy
          Faith, Hope, and Love- the greatest of these is Love

Comment

Working...