Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly Diagnosed? Read This!!!

Hi-
    I am a 10 year old girl. I was diagnosed with idiopathic scoliosis when I was 6. Before March of 2009 they had just been watching my scoliosis. I now wear a Boston Brace 20 hours a day. If you are looking for a really good Scoliosis Doctor I would recommend Shriners Hospital. I have been going there for about 3 years now and I love them! Have any qeustions? Just Ask!!!!

Welcome Rosebud. Nice to meet you. I am a fellow-scoliosis friend on here. 80+ degree curve and I"m currently waiting to hear from my dr in St. Louis on Monday to find out if they can move up my surgery date. I am very hopeful that this can hap[pen because I am in terrible pain, taking pain pills, lots of muscle spasms, pain down the legs, numbness and tingling around to the front - I'm just ready to get this surgery over with. do you know what degree your curve is - did they tell you?
    Rita Thompson
    Age 46
    Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
    Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
    Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
    Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Hello!!!!!!!!!

Hello nice to meet you to! And I've been on this before. But yes I do Know the curve of my spine. It's 20 degrees in my lumbar and a slight curve in my my upper back. The pain you must suffer through is awful. My little cousin has a has a 65 degree curve. How Old are you? Good Luck With The Surgery!!!!!!

Comment

I am 46 years young and yes the pain is horrible. Standing for long periods of time is out of the question, like sitting isn't. Hurts to breathe out most ofthe time and sniffling and of course sneezing hurts a lot. So, I'm praying for no colds! I can't blow my nose unless I sit on the edge of the bed. Silly huh? I never thought how nice it was when I didn't have any pain at all - I can't hardly remember those days. I'm almost looking forward to getting this fixed and out of my worries everyday all day. Oh - and I can't eat as much as I used to so I think things are just getting a little "crunched"....I'm in Topeka, KS going to a doctor in St. Louis, MO. I"m sched for sx in July but hoping to get moved into a cancellation. I found out about that on Monday.
        Rita Thompson
        Age 46

Comment

Hey Rosebud9 you can PM me if you have any other questions. I'm usually on here few times during the day and some evenings. I do transcription in the evenings too, but I check in periodically. I enjoyed talking with you.
          Rita Thompson
          Age 46

Comment

Thank You!!!

I enjoy talking to you too! So you are 46 years old? Guess what I can't shovel or walk for really log periods of time or else my back hurts!!! But it's probably not as bad as your pain. If you are 46 then do you have kids or pets or any thing. Good Luck!!!!!

-Rosebud9

Comment

Hey Rosebud,
              You are so sweet - yes, I'm married. Have one son who is 13 years old and straight A student. Yes, my husband and I are so proud of him! He works very hard in school and does a great job. I have a dog named Max, german shepherd and a cat named Trouble. Both of them sleep a lot during this cold weather we are having in Topeka, KS right now. We have a ton of snow on the ground right now and it's been very cold. I wonder if weather makes our back feel worse? I'm sitting on the heat pad right now. However, I should tell you I first found out I had scoliosis in about the 6th Grade (age?) and shortly tghereafter began wearing a Milwaukee Brace for what seemed like eternity (3-1/2 years). I currently have 7 screws in my back having had surgery three years ago from a slipped disc. My current surgeon is going to remove those 7 screws when he does my surgery for my scoliosis and "do his own thing" he says. I trust him completely. He is a wonderful man, very thorough, professional and understanding. Very nice! I didn't want to mislead you into thinking I have always been this miserable. For years I had absolutely no pain. Where do you live and do you have pets?
              Rita Thompson
              Age 46

Comment

Originally posted by RitaR View Post
                Hey Rosebud, Where do you live?

Just a word of caution......might not want a 10 y.o. posting where she lives for safety sake.

Mary Lou
                Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

hello!!!

Hi-
                  I have one dog and 1 cat. We have alot of snow here in New England!! And I went skiing and I am very sore!!!! Talk To You Later!!!!

Comment

We have a lot of snow too. And, it's really too cold for me. I think cold makes my back hurt worse. But, that's maybe just me. I love pets. They're the best. They're always so glad to see you when you get home. Always tails waggin. Do you play sports in school? I did the whole regime - basketball, volleyball, baseball, track. I loved it all, but basketball was my fave. I have cousins who live in Connecticut. They have tons of snow too.
                    Rita Thompson
                    Age 46

Comment

Working...
                    X