Thank you all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you all

Ok we are as ready as we can get. We had a great meeting with Dr. Laufer this evening. Skye was like MOM when he said okay what are your questions for me and I pulled out this big typed list in 16 font LOL whew! He was like no Skye its quite ok if she didnt write it down she would forget So I asked away, mostly about exactly what he would do (exactly) well....... I liked that he was very thorough because I think he understood that - that is what I required. And he spoke quickly and over Skyes head technically as not to cause any raised eyebrows

Anyway we are all feeling pretty peaceful right about now. So we are going to heat up our Chocolate molton meltdowns from Applebees braid Skyes hair - Do the ole "E" thing ,get in the bed, watch a movie pray with her and off to sleep.

I will be in touch
    Karen

Good luck to the both of you! You sound like you're well prepared. I hope Skye makes a speedy recovery.

Comment

Thinking of you all today.

Dee
      Dee - Mother of two daughters, both with scoliosis KateScoliKid (16yo) 52* Lumbar curve
      Fusion Surgery 2/9/10 T-11->L-3 @CHKD Norfolk VA
      Jes (20yo) T 3 -> L 3 w/ Kyphosis

Comment

Skye out of surgery!!!

Three hours. We are waiting to see her the Dr. said she did very well! He is pleased with her outcome and thinks she will be too. I asked if business as usual. He kindly said Never business as usual! But all went well and straightforward!.

I will have followup later

HOW MANY WAYS ARE THERE TO SAY THANK YOU NSF FORUM PARTICIPANTS!! We felt the love and prayers and drew great strength! and I didnt have to take a Xanax and THAT is real big.. We trust a REAL BIG GOD!!!

I will now focus my prayers on her pain managed, infection free recovery!

Comment

Wonderful!!

GREAT news. Can't wait to hear more!!!!!
          Funny, I went and got Rx for Xanax yesterday!! It's for the week leading up to surgery. I'll be fine once the day is here.
          Prayers continue!
          Gina
          "With God All Things Are Possible"
          Mom to Mandy,age 11, surgery on Jan 14,2010
          to correct 51 degree T and 63 degree L curvatures.

Comment

That's great news Karen! Thanks for letting us know. Looking forward to hearing about a smooth recovery for Skye.
            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Such good News!!! Sending swift recovery thoughts her way.

Dee
              Dee - Mother of two daughters, both with scoliosis KateScoliKid (16yo) 52* Lumbar curve
              Fusion Surgery 2/9/10 T-11->L-3 @CHKD Norfolk VA
              Jes (20yo) T 3 -> L 3 w/ Kyphosis

Comment

Originally posted by ArabianFancy View Post
                GREAT news. Can't wait to hear more!!!!!
                Funny, I went and got Rx for Xanax yesterday!! It's for the week leading up to surgery. I'll be fine once the day is here.
                Prayers continue!
                Gina
                Gurl,
                No shame in taking the Xanax and it's mild and nice. I didnt need it but hey I am not the one having the surgery... just the mom. thanks for the prayers! I know God heard them all and answered!

Comment

haha, I am not the one having surgery either. Just the old X-Ray Tech who has seen too much and Mom, who is worried to DEATH. Mandy is doing GREAT..........
                  "With God All Things Are Possible"
                  Mom to Mandy,age 11, surgery on Jan 14,2010
                  to correct 51 degree T and 63 degree L curvatures.

Comment

Originally posted by ArabianFancy View Post
                    haha, I am not the one having surgery either. Just the old X-Ray Tech who has seen too much and Mom, who is worried to DEATH. Mandy is doing GREAT..........
                    OH YEAH! that right well girl Use those Xanax - note: as long as I was FBing (facebooking) or NSFing... I was okay as soon as someone called me and I had to talk to them my breath started getting heavy and I began to get light and knew the hyperventilating onset... so I stopped taking calls and doing ok with Text updates :-)

All is going to be wonderfully well for you and Mandy!!! you are ready and equipped! and I SURLY will be praying! the Effectual Ferverent prayer!

Comment

Karen,
                      great news! I'm so thrilled all went well. I'm thinking of you both. She'll be out of the hospital in no time. 3 hours---that's so quick! How many levels did they fuse?

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by debbei View Post
                        Karen,
                        great news! I'm so thrilled all went well. I'm thinking of you both. She'll be out of the hospital in no time. 3 hours---that's so quick! How many levels did they fuse?
                        I am all ova da place don't know if you saw my reply they fused T11 to L2 and added a "Cage?" right above or within L2 (gurl... I don't know what that means but think it has something to do with flexibility. Dr. L will elaborate at our first Post-Op office visit.

Comment

Congrats Skye! Sounds like you are well on your way to feeling better soon. I only wish I was as far as you. Keep up the good work!!!!
                          Rita Thompson
                          Age 46
                          Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
                          Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
                          Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
                          Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Working...
                          X