No announcement yet.

Question for the Girls....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pam!...You are soooo funny! "Marty Feldman"! hahaha!!! I'm so glad yours evened out! I so hope that is my situation! You are my inspiration here, I hope you know. When I first found this forum I read how you had a miraculous recovery! I'm glad to hear that you are now 2 years post surgery! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ANNIVERSARY!!! Are you still happy you had your surgery? Have you found anything that you can't do that you used to do? I can't wait to be through this and back on my feet! I am not going to like not being able to work out!!! I love that you did a 5k so soon afterwards!!!!

Laura
    Laura
    62 degrees
    49 yrs. young
    Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

Originally posted by Radiogirl View Post
      When I first found this forum I read how you had a miraculous recovery! I'm glad to hear that you are now 2 years post surgery! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ANNIVERSARY!!! Are you still happy you had your surgery? Have you found anything that you can't do that you used to do? I can't wait to be through this and back on my feet! I am not going to like not being able to work out!!! I love that you did a 5k so soon afterwards!!!!

Laura
      Laura, I am SO thankful my life is no longer consumed by thoughts of how badly my back hurts. That was my life - every single day -from age 10 to 39. I'd have the surgery again in a heartbeat.

There is nothing I can't do post-op. I'm back to playing softball and sliding .. wakeboarding (as soon as the water warms up) ... yoga ... rolling over backwards into a "bicycle" ... and even rolling over in a somersault.

Just remember the lag in activity is temporary: Be patient, and work the areas you *can*. It'll come back.

Pam
      Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
      AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
      Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
      Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
      EMAIL ME

Comment

Laura,
        I thought some of you would enjoy that post! lol Getting to your questions: My back looks, well, straight. My surgeon did a fabulous job w/the incision, as the scar is very thin and unless you are looking for it, or are close to me, its not overly noticable. I still have a little rotation, how..Im not certain, Pam maybe you know? Yes, I am glad I did it, and I have no regrets...except for not doing it sooner.(I wimped out about 2 yrs ago!) I was out of work for 12 weeks..which was plenty to be honest. I probably could have gone back part time about 8-10 weeks but my company was nice enough to pay me full pay for the 12, so why not, right? I did physical therapy about 6 months in and truly it made a BIG difference in everything. They thought me how to walk, how to stretch, what excersises I could do, and not to be afraid of breaking my self, which really was a concern at one point. After a month of the PT, I was very confident and im my eyes, was back to my old self. As far as $ex.....well, according to the take home package they give you post op(instructions, etc) it said after 4 weeks. I just about pee'd myself!! My husband of course, was the one who found this tid bit of info. I explaned that clearly a male who's never had the surgery wrote it, and to disregard it. I actually took a sharpy marker and "x"'ed it out! lol W/O sharing too much, I want to say that it was about 5-6 weeks post op that I decided to try. It was a gradual process and an area that was/is important to us as well. Like everything else, you really do re-learn how to do things & make it work. My advice, take your time, be patient, relax and have an understanding w/your boyfriend. It will all work out in the end, I promise! I hope that helped. If you want to email me at my home address its: lynnz74@att.net. I dont mind talking about whatever....I had all the same questions and didnt quite know who/how to ask! We are all here to help

hugs!

Lynn
        Lynn -30.... something
        DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
        At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
        At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
        Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
        UW Madison, WI Hospital
        **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

Comment

We need another disclaimer: No adolescents allowed!

Well just when we all got the adolescent posts figured out so we don't post there by accident, now we need a disclaimer for this thread so the adolesceents don't read it.

After all, we don't want them thinking they can....until way, way after their surgery....like when they are 42!

At least that's what all their Daddies want them to think, right?
          Thoroughly disgusted with people in this group

Comment

Hey Sally
            sorry i didnt write sooner...am out in CA for 4 days to see dr anand..havent been on internet..am now on hotel computer...so i apologize if the print is small, cause i dont know this computer...

i meant i disagree that it isnt more common with women with scoli, thats all i was disagreeing with...every woman i meet with scoli has had asymmetrical breasts...i would say 4 women personally that i have known...i realize it can happen with other women without scoli, but i bet it is way more common with scoli..thats all i was talkin about...thats my opinion, anyway..i havent taken a poll, though i wish scoli surgeons did!

will write about dr anand after i get back to east coast thursday nite...

take care
            jess

Comment

Originally posted by LynnMarie74 View Post
              ... I still have a little rotation, how..Im not certain, Pam maybe you know?
              I think our remaining rotation is simply because we weren't 100% corrected, Lynn. It seems logical since we have residual lateral curvature (±15° for you, ±20° for me), there's also some "untwisting" they weren't able to achieve.

Regards,
              Pam
              Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
              AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
              Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
              Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
              EMAIL ME

Comment

Working...
              X