No announcement yet.

surgery in 2 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck to the two of you..I am having mine on monday!! Soo I know what you are feeling..I am trying to stay positive..I told my mom to prepare for me freakin out while I am at the hospital. lol I hope the give me something for my anxiety. You are both in my prayers.. Good luck

27 year old female
    Upper Curve 110 degrees
    Lower Curve 90 degrees
    Surgery with Dr. Wood at MGH 1/11/10 && 1/14/10
    Fused T2-Pelvis
    Back looks amazing and no more Hump! ^_^

Comment

I wish you great success with your surgery.

Hell of a way to start the new year
      45L/40T
      Surgery 25/1/2010
      Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoliSkye2 View Post
        You know... I wonder if she had the "Anterior" from side procedure. I think the recovery and clearance on that one is pretty quick as well. I sure am praying for that to be the case - For Skye to astound all of us with her no pain, speedy recovery! I am a very specific pray-er

Well we feeling pretty good today. Skye is just amazing me with her demeanor I hope she continues in this place of Peace.
        No,
        my friend's daughter had posterior-only surgery, just like I did. Good luck again and let me know if I can help in any way.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
        Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
        Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
        Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
        Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by megz View Post
          good luck to the two of you..I am having mine on monday!! Soo I know what you are feeling..I am trying to stay positive..I told my mom to prepare for me freakin out while I am at the hospital. lol I hope the give me something for my anxiety. You are both in my prayers.. Good luck
          The anxiety is mostly pre-op. You will be on drugs post-op so the anxiety is a non issue. Pre-op is definitely the hardest. Prayers for all of you.
          Sally
          Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
          Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
          Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
          Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
          New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
          Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Happy New Year! Happy New Back!!! Think positive thoughts. Good luck, and I look forward to hearing about your great recovery!
            Pre-op thorasic curve of 50 degrees reduced to 18 degrees!! 8 years later Hardware removed...

Comment

thanks everyone! 6am here i come hehe
              -Bethany
              pre-op L 74*
              pre-op Th 56*
              surgery scheduled for jan. 6th 2010
              getting nervous

Comment

God Bless You Bethany!

You will be in my prayers too! Skye is all cleared for surgery and ready to go. She is in great spirits cannot define how she feels. Scared.... no - nervous... no - anxious.... no - peaceful..... I guess - So to that I say Praise God!

Hope to hear from you soon and hope you have the most amazing recovery ever!

Thanks everybody!

Comment

Where does Skye get her peace? She's amazing. Good luck to January 6 patients!
                  Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                  Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                  T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                  Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                  Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Best wishes to you both Bethany and Skye, of a safe and successful surgery and also of a speedy and uncomplicated recovery.
                    Vali
                    44 years young! now 45
                    Surgery - June 1st, 2009
                    Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
                    St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
                    Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
                    Post -op - 5 degrees
                    T11 - S1 Posterior
                    L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

I have been praying for you both

Melissa

Comment

Praying for you during your recovery! I cant wait for you to post all about it, since my surgery is here in 5 weeks! Please keep me posted how you are doing!! God Bless You and Good Luck with everything

Melissa

Comment

Hey all. I'm post surgery now but it hurts. I can't get comfortable in bed cuz it hurts to move. Then when I have too much meds makes me nausea. But I think I have foung that percotet with tylenol works well if only I could eat now
                          -Bethany
                          pre-op L 74*
                          pre-op Th 56*
                          surgery scheduled for jan. 6th 2010
                          getting nervous

Comment

Yaay Bethany!

I just peeked on here specifically to see if you were posting yet! Yaay! See you and Skye are on the other side. Yeah Percocets would be my choice Sorry about the nausea. Can't wait to hear more from you. They are removing Skye's chest tube today (that will be interesting ) but then we get to leave ICU... been nice here but I know Skye is looking forward to visitors.

Okay... anticipating good news from you. God is Good!

Comment

Originally posted by sillycoffeegirl View Post
                              Hey all. I'm post surgery now but it hurts. I can't get comfortable in bed cuz it hurts to move. Then when I have too much meds makes me nausea. But I think I have foung that percotet with tylenol works well if only I could eat now
                              you did it! awesome for you to post so soon afterward you rest up now and heal. god bless
                              45L/40T
                              Surgery 25/1/2010
                              Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

Hi Bethany,
                                Wow, you young ones amaze me how quickly you can post so soon after surgery. You are doing great. I hope you aren't taking additional Tylenol with the Percocets because Tylenol is already in Percoset. But your nurses would know that, right? Get lots of rest now and heal quickly.
                                Sally
                                Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                                Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                                Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                                Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                                New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                                Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
                                X