Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wear your brace - It usually works if you wear it properly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah and my doctor said that a brace does not stop the scoliosis but it keeps it from getting worse. So yeah i guess if you wear the brace like one should then your scoliosis shouldn't have changed or if your degree has been reduced by it

Comment

worried

This thread has me all confused when I tried to read it haha. Anyways I have been pretty worried that my spine will go back now that I'm off the brace. I was braced 3 years and he told me I could stop wearing it for good when he was positive I was finished growing, but could it still go back? I'm terrified of surgery. The only advice I'd give to kids with the brace though would be to wear it faithfully even though it's awful, because well I know it doesn't help everybody, but in my case it even provided some correction, and it's definitely worth a chance.
      My name is Katie and I love to Dance especially Ballet. I am 14 years old and after 3 years of the Boston brace, I'm officially brace-free! Great holiday present if I do say so myself

Comment

I couldn't have said it better myself, BalletGirl77 what you said was so true. the only advice i can give is to wear your brace no matter how bad it may hurt or be uncomfortable. In the end, it will all be worth it. That's keeping me motivated to wear it and I have it to wear it 23 hours a day but most of the time I wear it all day because I don't like going through the long hassle of taking it off and changing into my non-brace clothes.

Comment

Thread moved to Parents forum. Adults, please stop posting to the Kid's forum.
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

i was very disappointed when i read this thread. the arguing on it is absolutely ridiculous. this is supposed to be a place for advice or support, not petty arguments that over-analyze the specifics of a simple statement that may or may not be perfectly correct. i am sure that Ballet Mom's original intent was to encourage people to wear their brace and show that it helps, not start an argument. i was glad to see that this was moved to the adult section. adults, if you want to argue about things like this no one can stop you, but please keep it out of the adolescent section.

I'm bringing curvy back

Comment

You're correct, this was posted in the wrong section. Several of us were operating under the assumption that posts about bracing should be in this section. It only became clear very recently, at least to me, that adults shouldn't start threads threads on bracing in this bracing section.

Hopefully, this won't happen again. I'm sorry.
              Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
              Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

By the way, if you are mainly interested in support, these two fora are very good in my opinion:

http://www.scoliosis-support.org/index.php

http://www.spinekids.com/boards/

You also mention advice. I strongly suggest you do NOT look for any advice on line in any forum and only get advice from your surgeon.
                Last edited by Pooka1; 12-30-2009, 09:23 PM.
                Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                X