Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion going forward

Yes, as far as I know, they're still exercising. But, as Pam states, there are certainly people who would be willing to exercise if it meant holding the curve reduction. So, I'm assuming there must be *some* people using the Schroth method who are still exercising. (I mean, why wouldn't there be.) If so, are those people holding their curve reduction?

It looks like I'm going to have to start contacting people and see what I can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    The people whose reductions held are still exercising, no?

Is anyone (legitimate) claiming they could stop exercising and retain the reduction? I don't think so.

Found it--it's Abbysmom (thread is "regression--too good to be true?")--24 degrees to 0, no bracing or other intervention I think.
    mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
    Providence night brace, increased to 35*
    Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
    14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
    11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
    Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
    latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
    currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Yeah ... here's something a tad more recent (not by much) from her, but it also includes a bit of what I thought remembered reading something about Hey and the topic ...

http://scoliosis.org/forum/showthrea...1258#post81258
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op 53, Post-op < 20
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

I can't really make any sense of that. It sounds like one doctor sees them disappearing, and everyone else says that they normally progress.

Maybe I'll ignore the JIS stuff, then, until I can get a handle on it and just focus on reductions in adolescent and adult cases.

Quote Originally Posted by txmarinemom View Post
    Yeah ... here's something a tad more recent (not by much) from her, but it also includes a bit of what I thought remembered reading something about Hey and the topic ...

http://scoliosis.org/forum/showthrea...1258#post81258

After I saw Hey's blurb, which didn't jibe with other information, I concluded JIS is very squirrelly indeed and maybe nobody has good outcome statistics.

It is all over the map. That is one reason why I don't think we can say Spinecor is necessarily causing these nearly complete reductions. But it is intriguing enough to warrant more research from Montreal. Much more warrant exists for that compared to AIS in my opinion.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Hi...

Sorry, at the moment I don't really have time to read this entire thread, but will do so soon.

I have no ability to add forums, and I'm not certain that Joe does either. Someone should check with him directly (jpobrien@scoliosis.org).

--Linda

I think in general the statistics for JIS are very grim in terms of likelihood of progression (and progression to requiring surgical intervention), although of course there are exceptions.
    mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
    Providence night brace, increased to 35*
    Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
    14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
    11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
    Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
    latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
    currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status