No announcement yet.

Moderate? Really??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Linda and Jess. I see my neurosurgeon tomorrow morning!!! I did see a spot on my previous x-ray that looked fuzzy like the second photo, so maybe that is the degeneration. I will certainly ask about it tomorrow. I have so many questions for him - like why I am stiff after lying in bed if I have a sick day-- I can't even bend over to tie shoes for the next two days. Anyway, tomorrow will be telling! I will certainly ask about an MRI. Thanks, again.
    34L at diagnosis; Boston Brace 1979
    Current: 50L, 28T

Comment

• hi daily
      hmmmm...do you have an orthopedic guy who specializes in scoli...? i wouldnt trust a neurosurgeon person without having an ortho guy...? that's just my opinion...but did your neuro guy ever refer you to a scoli surgeon? even just for consult?

hope you feel better and get some good answers at the doctor's tomorrow...

jess

Comment

• Yes, Jess, he's an SRS neurosurgeon, head of the spine dep't, did his special study in scoliosis. I see now that he is also an orthopedic surgeon. I do feel I'm in good hands. This is him: http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu.../cshaffrey.cfm
        My Mom AND Dad are both coming, for support and education!

Thanks so much for your support. I am planning on maybe doing a thread on it. Christina
        Last edited by dailystrength; 05-05-2010, 09:10 PM.
        34L at diagnosis; Boston Brace 1979
        Current: 50L, 28T

Comment

• Christina,

I have a consult tomorrow also for x-rays and updates. Can't wait to hear your news and I will report in mine....
          Amy
          58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
          Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
          Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
          2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
          Exercising to correct

Comment

• oh, Christina...i am SO GLAD that the doctor has both specialties! perfect!
            hope the appointment goes well!

best of luck...rooting for you!

jess

Comment

• In severe degeneration, you can hardly see any disc material at all. And, unfortunately, it's not uncommon to see that in people with scoliosis.

--Linda
              That's how mine look. And all fuzzy as if they had cotton candy draped in and around them, while the edges of the vertebrae look like white soft lips, with a kind of pebbly surface.

Worst, if course, is the collapsing blocks effect, curved but something more. As if a child had built a tower and just knocked it down from the side/middle. They appear to be falling.

Was just examining my recent lumbar close ups from the HSS and I don't think I can take any more. Wish I could post them, but I don't know how to upload pix. What I really need is a barfy smilie - the kind that ralfs in motion.
              Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
              Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
              main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
              Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

Working...
              X