Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some other common health concerns for people with Scoliosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some other common health concerns for people with Scoliosis?

Hello, this is my 1st post.
    Mild symmetric disc bulging L-3-L4 and L4-L5. Mild to moderate left facet joint osteoarthritis L-3-L4. Thoracolumbar rotoscoliosis. And some more. More too! When people tell me their back hurts and their back in perfectly normal I smile.

In my case: stomach pushed flat causes GERD-that in turn caused scarring of esophagus, shortness of breath, pain waking me up at night, shortness of breath after eating a full meal, abnormal EKG reports because my deformed chest did not allow the EKG to read the heart easily--normal stress test.

All this is gone after my scoliosis surgery and I am pain free.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Shortness of breath and waking up at night in pain / spasms.

Me too, I also have mild asthma & even with my puffer I am always short of breath. As for sleep, Flexeril (20mg) took the muscle spasms away completely.

Originally posted by Karen Ocker View Post
      In my case: stomach pushed flat causes GERD-that in turn caused scarring of esophagus, shortness of breath, pain waking me up at night, shortness of breath after eating a full meal, abnormal EKG reports because my deformed chest did not allow the EKG to read the heart easily--normal stress test.

All this is gone after my scoliosis surgery and I am pain free.
      Mild symmetric disc bulging L-3-L4 and L4-L5. Mild to moderate left facet joint osteoarthritis L-3-L4. Thoracolumbar rotoscoliosis. And some more. More too! When people tell me their back hurts and their back in perfectly normal I smile.

Comment

Working...
      X