No announcement yet.

All S-1's out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know. The last posts I saw from her were on the revision forum. You could try to PM her. I assume she got better and didn't need the forum anymore.

Best,
    Evelyn
    age 48
    80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
    Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
    Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
    Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
    Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Originally posted by yacpatty View Post
      Thanks girls for all your support and encouragement....what blows my mind is that this is a top notch surgeon, all the research shows fusion to the sacrum especially when it shows severe neural foraminal stenosis and I told hm I had severe groin pain and nerve pain in legs....on my 2 mo check-up last weekend I told him I had severe groin pain off and on and nerve pain in legs...he said they did a big decompression in L4-5......why is he being so stubborn and not saying it could be coming from S1. If I need a fusion down to S1, does anyone know if the hardware needs taken from L4-L5 and then start over at L4. I have been fused from T4-L2 since 1963 when I was 13. After 48 years, the levels below that fusion have beome very deteriorated and has severe stenosis. As frustrated as I am with my doctor, I still feel he is an excellent surgeon and would probably let him operate on me again. And to add to this frustration, on my first surgical consLkt with him in August, his surgical plan was L3-S1....go figure...Why did he change his mind? His reasons were very flimsy.....still feeling 50% guilty. Thanks Jess, Irna, ConfusedMOM and jrnyc (janet)
      Hi, I am 9 months post op T9-S1 and after surgery had terrible leg pain that has since subsided but now have residual right toe numbness that goes up my foot a bit. After a neurological consultation they did say that these things DID come from L4-L5 so I feel confident in saying that it's not S1. Having confidence in your surgeon is very important so best of luck to you and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Comment

Another question to all of you S1's

As I continue to successfully recover I do have a weird feeling in my lower back that I hope will subside. Although there is only one screw in S1 it feels like there is a plate going across my lower back. I still have sensitivity in that area. Has anyone else felt these things and will they go away?

Comment

I am almost 4 years post-op and fused T10-S1.I have a separate incision on my left side where I can feel the screw that is so close to the skin surface.I swear mine feels like it moves around.But I Still have numbness and weird feelings in my legs and feet.I felt the hardware for well over a year.Now I dont notice that feeling.I think it just takes time getting used to it.
          Aug.17,09 Anterior
          Aug.20,09 Posterior
          Fused T-10 to Sacral Pelvis
          Cedars-Sinai
          Dr.Pashman

Sheri 47 years young
          Husband married 30 years
          3 kids 29,28,25
          4 grandkids 10,8,5,3

Comment

Originally posted by sheri66 View Post
            I am almost 4 years post-op and fused T10-S1.I have a separate incision on my left side where I can feel the screw that is so close to the skin surface.I swear mine feels like it moves around.But I Still have numbness and weird feelings in my legs and feet.I felt the hardware for well over a year.Now I dont notice that feeling.I think it just takes time getting used to it.
            Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X