Today at our appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today at our appointment

We met the Dr. Errico and thought he was great. He spent time first talking with Nick and explained in details what was going on with him. He later discussed everything with my husband and me.

He was a bit concerned with his curves but said he wanted to try a brace first to allow Nick time to continue to grow. He was straight forward with telling us that it had a 60% success rate but still thought it was worth a try.

Nick gets fitted next Wednesday and they will have it ready for the following Saturday when he goes to his Scoliosis Clinic here in NJ. He will also get ex-rayed in the brace as well.

Dr. Errico will follow up with him in three months. If there is no change, he will continue with the brace. If there still is change with the brace, we may have to think about the next course of treatment.

All in all we are happy with the way things went today.
    I am trying to be realistic about the brace. I know it is going to be an adjustment for Nick but know he will be able to get through it.

If you have any suggestions about brace wearing, I would love to hear them.

Have a wonderful Thanks Giving everyone!

Blessings,

Rosemarie

Good luck

I just wanted to say "good luck". Wearing a brace I believe can work and not work, good compliance is key. I appreciate mine so much, but realize everyone has a different story or Dx. Good luck and keep your spirits high. =)

Kevin
    Kevin
    AIS and Traumatic Scoliosis
    Degrees always differ (LOL)
    THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!!!

Comment

Rosemarie...

If you're having trouble finding your threads, it's because I keep moving them from the Kid's forum to the Parent's forum.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
        Rosemarie...

If you're having trouble finding your threads, it's because I keep moving them from the Kid's forum to the Parent's forum.

--Linda
        I thought SpineKids is for the kids and this site if mostly for adults. Is that incorrect?
        Daughter 17.5 (diagnosed @ 12 yrs) in Sept 2007 AIS
        Oct 2007: T-20, L-20 [160 cm]
        Mar 2008: T-24, L-24 [163 cm], started Cheneau brace
        May 2008: T-16, L-7 (in-brace) [164.2 cm]
        Oct 2008: T-23, L-15 (out-of-brace) [167 cm]
        Feb 2009: T-20, L-18 (in-brace) 2nd brace
        Jun 2009: T-20, L-16 (in-brace) [172.2 cm]
        Dec 2009: T-33, L-16 (out-of-brace) [173.8 cm]
        Apr 2010: T-25, L-12 (in-brace) [175.3 cm] 3rd brace
        Mar 2011: T31, L20 (out) [176.2]
        Jul 2012: T31, L20 (out) [177.2]

Comment

Originally posted by 2kids View Post
          I thought SpineKids is for the kids and this site if mostly for adults. Is that incorrect?
          SpineKids is entirely different organization. This site has forums for kids, adults, parents, professionals, and miscellaneous.
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
          X