Any tips for sleeping comfortably?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Karen,

The sleep issue strikes a big fat chord with me. My entire life I have had a sleep problem. Plus I worked at night and by the time I got home and wind down, think I was sleepy and knowing I was tired, it sucks when you can't fall asleep.

Then when I couldn't fall asleep I would , I would get upset and frustrated which made it worse. After the surgeries, when I got home I had sleeping pills that they gave me from the hospital, but they only lasted until the pain would wake me up. I really needed the sleeping pills and still do, just not as much now.

Once I would find a position w/o pain, I could fall asleep. Before my surgeries, I could not find a position that I had no pain. Now that I know what pain free sleep is, when I can't sleep, I am one frustrated and grumpy bitch.

I had a long and rough recovery, and I still think my lack of sleep was part of the reason. I could go on and on.

Do whatever you can to sleep this soon after surgery. I have tried just about everything over the last for years.

Right now I am taking temazepan, and it help me most of the time. Also the less sleep I get, the more my back hurt???

Sorry for rambling and good luck with sleeping, I wish someone has an answer for this.
    Shari

Comment

Working...
    X