No announcement yet.

Ugh...more pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you. I know exactly what you mean about just trying to walk zapping your energy. It's like a constant fight with your own body to walk. It is so nice to find others who can understand and relate to what it is like. My husband wanted me to get a walker before surgery but I would use shopping buggies strollers and even a wheelchair but for some reason my pride would not let me buy a walker. I already looked 30 years over my age! Please keep us posted on your surgery dates and how you are doing.

Comment

Yes, thank you! I do feel and think I look way older than I am. I am stooped over all the time. I just turned 50 but I feel like I look 80. This is the primary reason I need to have further surgery. I feel I have a good 30 years left in me if I stay healthy, but to have to try to live like this is not possible. In fact, I feel like it is endangering my job because I can't put my full effort into it. I can't wait to get fixed. I wish I could just blink my eyes and it would be over with!!! Yes, I cannot go into a grocery store without using a shopping cart. I need to lean on it. Thus, the reason I cannot go shopping at the mall anymore. My legs and hips get sooooo tired because they are bent constantly trying to compensate . And now my upper back and neck are getting involved . Ugh!!! Thank you ldwest for giving me hope!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-D
      My new year's resolution: I will not complain anymore!!!
      May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Hi Kristy
        i have the pain you describe with walking, & have had no surgery...yet...i, too, use a shopping cart to lean on in a grocery store...too bad that isnt possible in a mall!

i keep debating surgery...am seeing dr anand in CA end of january just to see what he thinks is possible with less invasive, cause i have always been told that is not possible for me...i need fusion to pelvis...dr anand doesnt take my insurance, so i couldnt have it done with him anyway..just want to see what he thinks...

i hope the time flies fast for you til your revision surgery in march/april..& that it is the last time you will need any surgery for your poor spine!

try to enjoy the holidays...wishing you a better & healthier 2010
        jess

Comment

Working...
        X