No announcement yet.

Return to life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see my surgeon next week. To this point he has not said anything about the pain other than he wants me off pain meds and it was a hard surgery...so we'll see next week.

I had the surgery because of my lower back pain and my shoulder/arm pain. They decided not to deal with the neck area at this time...too risky in their opinion. My lower back feels about the same as pre-surgery at this point...sore all the time. I have a new pinching mid-back. My rib area hurts like the bejeebees...so I guess I'm really not in a better place.

I had my first surgery when I was 12. Supposedly the actual curve did not progress but the curve above and below my curve worsened considerably...enough so that my rod shifted diagnolly in my back. The lower back looks much better when the before and after X-ray are side by side but I cried when I saw it stand alone because it did not look very good to me. But, yes, there was quite a bit done between pre and post. I just wished/hoped that I would be in considerable less pain...I knew the "looks" thing would never be there...maybe that will still come - the less pain, not the looks - heh e (I'll keep my fingers crossed

I would go to a pain mgmt clinic but the closest one is an hour away and I'm not sure how I would do that with work, kids, etc. So, for now, I'll keep plugging along. At least I'm still plugging Thanks for all the ideas though...will give me some things to talk to my surgeon about.

Have a great evening all

Always Smilin'
    Colleen

1982 fused T2-L1
    pre op 45 - post op 33 (left thoracic)
    pre op 53 - post op 18 (right thoracic)

recheck 2006
    right thoracic 57
    lower lumbar 34

surgical revision April 28,2009
    revision T3-L1; new fusion L1-L4
    unsure of degrees at this point