Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear video - claims to cure scoliosis with hand-held jigsaw (in part)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonibunny View Post
    33lbs! That is SO huge, I thought my cat Monty was massive....he's 24lb of solid muscle and the size of a West Highland White terrier

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...5_Jan_2004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...anowebsize.jpg

Do you have any pics of your cat Ed? I'd love to see them!

(apologies for going off-topic btw)
    Those are great! Monty is growing up and getting big and learning to play an instrument! You must be so proud!

Thanks for posting that. I started this thread and am amending the topics to include, besides the use of heavily modified power tools to cure scoliosis,:

1. large cats
    2. old Disney movies
    3. galvanic action between various metals and alloys
    4. Benny Hill video clips

Topics which remain out of bounds on this thread:

1. the germ theory of ALL known disease ever and always

Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Tonibunny,

I would have to search for a pic. When I find one, I will scan and post it. Bk looked just like your cat, especially in the piano picture, only 20% larger.

He was a really cool cat and had great personality... for a cat. He didn't have any issues with large dogs either, and would establish what needed to be established with his claws and it would happen like a lightning strike. I know that lifting him contributed to my scoliosis. Please everyone, stop lifting your heavy cats.

Sharon

You know how it goes, there is only so much you can say about jig saws. Its not the answer we want, so I deviated. I'm tired of waiting for cures. They need to step it up a bit more, and make up for the last 8 years.

So back to "Charlie the lonesome cougar" wasn't that a great film? LOL

The cascades of Washington state are beautiful. I need to go back up there soon.

Ed
      49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
      Pre surgery curves T70,L70
      ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
      Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Oh, please do post a pic of your cat! He sounds amazing I'm not surprised that he was a tabby and white, most of the biggest moggies I've seen seem to have this colouring. I think they must have a tiger gene in there somewhere!

Comment

oops

Pooka1...

the modified jigsaw is used in the mix step of CLEAR....(mix, fix, set)
          it is used to soften and loosen up the tendons and ligaments...it makes the curve much more flexible(along with other techniques they use)

Comment

the big beef

I really don't think the big beef with CLEAR is that chiro's are the main guys trained in the technique(mix, fix, set)....

nor is the big beef the Mix step(making the curve more flexible)

nor is the big beef the Fix step(getting the curve to reduce...bracing clearly can reduce a curve..similiar to the CLEAR traction chair)

the big beef I do believe is....... Can the involuntary postural muscles be rehabilitated in such a way(neuromuscular rehabilitation...SET step) to get them to HOLD the correction????

CLEAR is attempting what noone has tried before and I applaud them for it....let see if the reductions hold "long term".

Comment

sorry guys

just went back and read a bit more of what the chatter was about...

hardly any chiro's are trained in intensive CLEAR treatment...I think 9 in the USA....so there just aren't going to be oodles of people running around talking about CLEAR. The ones I know who have tried it....go home with their great results and don't tell a soul......

if CLEAR is onto something....eventually the scoliosis world will hear about it...I just know, unfortunately, it will take time.

Comment

Originally posted by hope404 View Post
                CLEAR is attempting what noone has tried before and I applaud them for it....let see if the reductions hold "long term".
                Well if it is brand new and totally experimental then:

a. how do they know it will work, and
                b. why are they charging people exorbitant amounts for PT and traction chairs when they don't know if any of it will work?

Do they admit they are experimenting on people and don't know if it will work? Do they refer to the patients as "guinea pigs?"

Do they call their approach experimental?

Are they honest about any of this?
                Last edited by Pooka1; 11-03-2009, 06:01 AM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

fat cat

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2009/1...ures-pumpkins/

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I really don't think the big beef with CLEAR is that chiro's are the main guys trained in the technique(mix, fix, set)....

nor is the big beef the Mix step(making the curve more flexible)

nor is the big beef the Fix step(getting the curve to reduce...bracing clearly can reduce a curve..similiar to the CLEAR traction chair)

the big beef I do believe is....... Can the involuntary postural muscles be rehabilitated in such a way(neuromuscular rehabilitation...SET step) to get them to HOLD the correction????

This sounds an awful lot like a recipe!

The beef, in my mind, is that none of their claims have been backed up with even a single case of proof. And, there's no evidence that things like making a curve more flexible is a good thing. It could be, but there's no proof.

--Linda
                    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

just went back and read a bit more of what the chatter was about...

hardly any chiro's are trained in intensive CLEAR treatment...I think 9 in the USA....so there just aren't going to be oodles of people running around talking about CLEAR. The ones I know who have tried it....go home with their great results and don't tell a soul......

if CLEAR is onto something....eventually the scoliosis world will hear about it...I just know, unfortunately, it will take time.
                      I agree Hope. If Clear is onto something - we will hear more about it. This is not a treatment I have tried but it is a treatment that some have had reported success with. I correspond from time to time with a practitioner of it who certainly is both intelligent and articulate - and open to ALL treatments that hold any answers to the big puzzle of scoliosis treatment. We will see what the future holds - till then, too early to completely dismiss something that is providing success for some. The combined education, dedication and self sacrifice of all who focus their energies on the answers needed will all lead to the best future treatments. Because of that, any success found in any current treatment deserves the closest of inspection and documentation towards the collective solution.

Comment

Clear...

Can anyone look at the before and after x-rays from the Clear practitioners on their websites and see any difference in the spines whatsoever? I see the Cobb angle degrees written on them are lower after Clear, but if I ignore that, I have to say, I cannot see any difference in the spines themselves.

Perhaps an investigative reporter, or the orthopedics profession itself, could hire an orthopedist and investigate Clear's before and after claims about Cobb angle reduction. It would be interesting if they could verify the claims even temporarily, let alone permanently.

Obviously our government doesn't try to protect people anymore, so maybe that is the way to verify Clear's claims. If it works, great, if not....it's false advertising.

Comment

Do Chiropractors have to abide by a code of practice, or is there an independent regulatory body that keeps an eye on US chiro clinics? Here in the UK we have various regulatory bodies for healthcare professionals, one of which is the General Chiropractic Council. Healthcare clinics of all kinds are required to register with the CareQuality Commission and abide by their rules and regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballet Mom View Post
                            Clear...

Obviously our government doesn't try to protect people anymore, so maybe that is the way to verify Clear's claims. If it works, great, if not....it's false advertising.

Or should I say if it works, great, if not....it's false advertising (at the very least).

Comment

There's a case on the fixscoliosis forum that is run by the Clear group and they're talking about treating an eight year old girl that has Cobb angles of 96 and 48 and they, of course, are claiming they reduced them greatly and will continue to during their treatment of her, and how exciting it was going to be to watch it. (Hope 404 you should be ashamed of yourself for promoting these guys).

This poor girl should have been referred to a public clinic or Shriner's for treatment. This is criminal in my belief, and whoever the appropriate authorities are should be being notified about what appears to be the unlicensed practice of medicine. Serious, life-threatening damage appears to be being done by chiropractors. Anyone know where this should be reported to, to be investigated by the appropriate authorities?

http://www.fixscoliosis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121
                              Last edited by Ballet Mom; 11-08-2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballet Mom View Post
                                There's a case on the fixscoliosis forum that is run by the Clear group and they're talking about treating an eight year old girl that has Cobb angles of 96 and 48 and they, of course, are claiming they reduced them greatly and will continue to during their treatment of her, and how exciting it was going to be to watch it. (Hope 404 you should be ashamed of yourself for promoting these guys).

This poor girl should have been referred to a public clinic or Shriner's for treatment. This is criminal in my belief, and whoever the appropriate authorities are should be being notified about what appears to be the unlicensed practice of medicine. Serious, life-threatening damage appears to be being done by chiropractors. Anyone know where this should be reported to, to be investigated by the appropriate authorities?

http://www.fixscoliosis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121
                                One of the worst cases of scoliosis I've ever seen was a teenager whose mother believed what she was told by a chiropractor, that he was reducing the child's curve with every treatment. How she could have been blind to such a massive rib hump is beyond me. When the state finally stepped in and forced the mother to take her child to an orthopaedist, the curve was huge, as were the multiple surgeries that the child had to undergo.

If someone with a small curve wants to see a chiropractor on a regular basis, I say they should go for it, although I personally don't think it should be covered by medical insurance if the purpose of the visits is to reduce or stop the progression of one's curves, as there's zero proof that that can be done.

--Linda
                                Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                                Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
                                X