Daughter needs Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddb View Post
    Sharon - yes I have two horses at home. One is mine - well now she is - the other is a friends. Both my girls love horses so when I purchased her she was a family horse. They too were not as horse crazy as me . Both have scoliosis and looking back my oldest was always told during her lessons (Dressage) she needed to work on keeping herself straight. Guess she really couldn't.
    Okay then!

I do dressage. It is hard enough for people who don't have scoliosis to stay straight and balanced at all times. Adding scoliosis on top of that would be very daunting just thinking about it. But that said, I know of an FEI rider/trainer with scoliosis who has taught herself how she has to sit to be straight/balanced/effective.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Hi Dee,

I am fused T10 to L4 & was 42 at surgery time. I could see Katie starting to do some school work by week 3 then going back to school by 4 weeks but she can't carry over 5lbs! Plus, she won't be comfortable sitting for long periods of time as the block schedule requires. (My Daughter is on that) A pillow behind her back will be needed as the hard chair backs aren't nice. She will be tired, it takes a lot out of you getting back into the routine. I noticed (@ back to school night) in one of my Daughter's classes, as well as a few others, there is a couch in the back to sit and read on. If there is a place during the day she could get horizontal to give her back a break this would help her TREMENDIOUSLY! A friend's 14 yr old Daughter is having her surgery Tues. and they are going the tutor route. Our School Dist. offers this.

Comment

Working...
      X