Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 Year old. Kyphosis. Fractures? [pic]

Hi guys. I am 21, coming up for 22.

I have kyphosis. I havent had confirmation of scheuermann's disease.

However my MRI report stated that I have old compression fractures.

Iv not been told if I have the kyphosis due to compression fractures or if it is scheuermann's disease kyphosis.

I am in very very high pain which is affecting my life. I can't really remember having been involved in an accident. I am taking tramadol but to be honest it isnt really working im still in constant pain and have been for a good few years now.

-Does anyone know how accurate MRI scans are?
    - Is there anyone on here who has kyphosis due to vertebrae fractures?
    - Whats the possibility of the MRI report being wrong, when in fact its wedged vertebrae and not fractured vertebrae?

I have attatched a picture of my back.

Thanks for any comments guys

I have kyphosis. I havent had confirmation of scheuermann's disease.

Welcome! Did an orthopedic doctor tell you that you have Kyphosis or is this coming from the MRI report? What degree is your Kyphosis?

Iv not been told if I have the kyphosis due to compression fractures or if it is scheuermann's disease kyphosis.

I would imagine that the Kyphosis could be caused by the compression fracture. Or it could simply be a coincidence that you have both.

I am in very very high pain which is affecting my life. I can't really remember having been involved in an accident. I am taking tramadol but to be honest it isnt really working im still in constant pain and have been for a good few years now.

Have you discussed your pain issues with the doctor who prescribes the Tramadol?

- Whats the possibility of the MRI report being wrong, when in fact its wedged vertebrae and not fractured vertebrae?

These are questions to ask of your orthopedic doctor. Are you seeing an orthopedic doctor? If not, you need to see one and discuss the results of your MRI with him/her. Don't hesitate to get at least a second opinion.

Some people say that Scoliosis and/or Kyphosis do not cause pain. I don't believe that. Although my daughter never had pain--and she has both Scoliosis and Kyphosi--I know people who have a great deal of pain from their Scoliosis or Kyphosis. You need to be seen by an orthopedic doctor who specializes in Kyphosis, if possible and discuss your pain and the fact of your current medication not helping. Your pain could be from the fractures; it could be from the Kyphosis or the two combined.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Mary Lou
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Can't really see much of a deformity in that picture, it looks kinda like my back, but I have scoliosis.

You really need to keep at those doctors or surgeons if you are having chronic pain, especially at 21!
      45L/40T
      Surgery 25/1/2010
      Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

Working...
      X