No announcement yet.

Bending, Lifting, Twisting restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jesscv and Doodles, that information did help a lot. I am going to worry less and assume that because I have no pain, my fusion is ok. Yesterday I bought a grabber to save my knees from the many squats I've been having to do every day. It works well and my grandchildren have been having great fun with it.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

I'm really worried about the bending/twisting thing too. I am finding it really hard getting into a comfortable position to sleep, and often wake up lying with my hips on their side, but with my shoulders facing downwards so that my arms are either side of my torso, which is obviously twisting, and for a long period of time. I can't seem to help it, it happens in my sleep! I'm only 1 month post op so concerned I'm doing real damage. Any advice?????
      22 years old
      Diagnosed at 15 with scoliosis.
      Surgery 10th December 2009 with Mr Alex Gibson at the RNOH Stanmore in London.

Comment

hamlette, when I was early post-op, I'd get into a comfy position then stuff a pillow lengthwise against my back and another against my front, or lying on my back, pillows lengthwise on either side. This stopped me from tossing and turning and getting into a "sore" position. That'd be my suggestion.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Working...
        X