Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: New to list....need help

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quakertown, PA

    New to list....need help

    I'm 52 years old and had spinal fusion with Harrington Rod when I was 29 years old. I haven't had any problems until recently. I have severe pain across from the concave part of my spine. I also have nerve pain that causes pain on my left front side. I had an xray that reported severe degeneration in my spine. I am in the process of looking for an orthopedic doctor who specialises in spines. Have any of you had this problem? I am hoping there are alternatives other than surgery. My initial surgery was a long and painful process. Any replies would be appreciated.
    Diane Quinlan

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003

    spine specialist

    Less time would be wasted and answers received if you consult an adult scoliosis specialist. Many orthopedists do not have the experience with the special issues that adults, who have had scoliosis surgery as adolescents, have.

    From my own experience, my personal physician and the various doctors I consulted with about the problems I was having (shortness of breath it turns out from my curve, as well as night nerve pain), had a clue. Last year - I am now 61!- I had successful revision surgery; I no longer have that terrible pain and am back to work. I credit Linda Racine on this forum with steering me in the right direction. To her I will be forever grateful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts