Thread: Back to Work!!

Westland Michigan (Between Ann Arbor and Detroit

Back to Work!!

Hi everyone,

So sorry I haven't been in touch. Well, I'm 5 months post-op and I've gone back to work I'm having VERY little to NO pain!! I haven't taken any prescription pain pills in about 5 weeks. I've been doing just fine with an Aleve or 2 a day. I did see the surgeon on 11/22, and he said everything is great and in place and he'd see me in a year! I was still having just a little bit of spasming in my ribs and he gave me some Flexeril for that, but I've only taken 2 so far. Just can't believe it. It's unbelievable in the difference from just before my surgery and now. (for those who don't know I had T11-L5 fused on July 6th 2009)

I've been telling people how I'm just kinda' kickin' myself for not doing this sooner. I have to say, as I'm sure you all have experienced, I was really terrified before surgery. I had heard so many horror stories in the past. Thanks to all of you who were so encouraging. In turn, I hope this post will be an encouragement to others.

Take care everyone and talk to you soon.

Deb

Deb,

That is great news! Glad you are back to work and doing so well.

Hannamom

Welcome back Deb,

Another great outcome that needs to be shared here. I was gone for a while as well, then I started to miss the forum. It's great to be back on here, and I think I'm even more addicted to it, than I was before my surgeries.

Glad you're doing well, and keep on posting.

Way to go,
    Shari

awesome news!

I believe you are now into your new life I hope you enjoy it
    45L/40T
    Surgery 25/1/2010
    Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Hello Bionic Woman, can you tell me what degree your curve was?

Westland Michigan (Between Ann Arbor and Detroit

Degree of Curve

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I believe mine was 35-45 deg. I never did get an actual number. I'll see if I can get that actual number. All I know is that I'm 1 1/4" taller now
    Deb

Well,I think that's wonderful! I hope I do half as well as you. I'm at 80+ degrees and dying in pain every day. Muscle spasms. Numbness and tingling. I hate going through this all day every day.

Bionic Woman,

I am so happy for your results and recovery! I will be having my surgery 3/31/10. Can you please tell me your age, and your activity level? Do you work out or walk or do any exercising?

Thank you!
    Laura
    Laura
    62 degrees
    49 yrs. young
    Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/