No announcement yet.

Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You all are an inspiration to me! Can you beleive I tried to make it 24 hours without narcotics the other day??? I was feeling good throughout the day...the doctor said I could take some Advil...so i didn't take my nighttime dose and I didn't sleep and finally was crying by 5 am...how stupid was that???!! So I'm learning that there is no failiure in doing what makes me feel comfortable and that I have to be careful not to overdo it. I'm learning that small accomplishments are BIG, like riding with my husband to take my daughter to her first Homecoming dance! I actually made it long to enough to have dinner out with my husband afterwards.

Susan, I'm not surprised that you made it through your two day test...I knew you could do it!
    Kathy, 43
    Diagnosed as a teen
    Boston brace 2 years
    63 degree lumbar curve
    Surgery August 26, 2009
    Anterior approach fused T12-L4
    now 28 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by kt2009 View Post
      You all are an inspiration to me! Can you beleive I tried to make it 24 hours without narcotics the other day??? I was feeling good throughout the day...the doctor said I could take some Advil...so i didn't take my nighttime dose and I didn't sleep and finally was crying by 5 am...how stupid was that???!! So I'm learning that there is no failiure in doing what makes me feel comfortable and that I have to be careful not to overdo it. I'm learning that small accomplishments are BIG, like riding with my husband to take my daughter to her first Homecoming dance! I actually made it long to enough to have dinner out with my husband afterwards.

Susan, I'm not surprised that you made it through your two day test...I knew you could do it!
      Kathy,

the week that I stopped the narcotics was pure hell. I thought I was going insane, but I made it through. I'm not sure about Advil because I was told not to take it until 9 months post op, but Tylenol seemed to help take the edge off for me. Maybe it was all in my head, but it lessened the hot/cold chills of withdrawls.

Good luck, you'll make it too.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Working...
      X