Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little more info

Sorry,

My last post requested input from post op patients about the length of time the procedure took. I am having an instrumented lumbar fusion and the nurse told me the surgical team said it was going to be a long one (alot of correction to do), and thats about all I have been told in terms of how long I will be in surgery. I guess my concern is being under anesthesia for that long!!!!
    SkiAnn
    Gayle

November 4, 2004, 57 yo
    Instrumented Spinal Fusion ~ T 10 -S1

SkiAnn,

Are you having anterior/posterior surgery or just one of them? When you have a/p surgery that's when the time really gets involved. I had 6 discs removed, bone graft from the hip, also an entire rib removed for bone graft, and a plate attached to my sacrum for better fusion. I'm fused from T2 to the sacrum. Almost exactly 5 months I returned to work. I work full time with just a few restrictions. My curves have gone from 79 thorasic to 22. And my 44 lumbar to 18. It feels great to be so straight!!! Best of Luck. Theresa
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

my surgery was 7 hours, bone graft, fusion from L2-t3

Comment

Working...
      X