Anyone tried Clear-Institute Chiropractic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried Clear-Institute Chiropractic

Has anyone tried www.clear-institute.org ?
    I met a Chiropractor practicing Clear Methodology and he said an intensive treatment of 2 weeks could potentially reduce my 50 degree curve to 30. It sounds too good to be true! Anyone heard or went to a Chiropractor following CLEAR that could share your experience please.
    Thanks
    Super.

Anything that sounds too good to be true, probably is just that.

Comment

Chiropractor

In my experience getting treated by a Chiropractor that is really good is the best possible thing you can do for a scoliosis. Now there are, like any field, not so good ones out there, but when you find a good one it is great. I have heard of that degree of correction with Chiropractic.

Comment

The Clear Institute docs state that no other type of chiropractic can permanently correct scoliosis. They say you have to be trained by them and use their special equipment or you'll be ineffective. What do you think of that claim?

Comment

Great question, Toni.

Are Clear chiros the only ones that can "cure" scoliosis as they claim?

I would also like to hear frolicin's opinion about the use of modified power tools as a "cure" for scoliosis.

I would also like to hear his explanation for why no two chiros can point to the same spot on a radiograph as to where the "subluxation" is.

Thanks in advance.
          Last edited by Pooka1; 11-09-2009, 08:32 PM.
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

CLEAR Institute

Hi vansuper. Yes, I have tried Clear. If you would like more info, please send me a private message.
            Mother of 14 yr old daughter with scoliosis
            Diagnosed at 12th birthday 1/09: 17T 13L
            6/09: 18T 14L Oh God she's increasing
            4/10: 27T 16L My worst nightmare
            7/10: 33T 18L Oh help God!
            7/10: off to CLEAR Institute: We'll see
            10/10: 33T 16L What?
            1/11: 31T 16L 6 months after CLEAR... hhmmm...

"What a long, strange trip it's been..."

Comment

By the way, frolicin either was in chiro chollege or recently graduated when he "graced" us on this forum. He sent me a few scarcely sane PMs basically pouting about my comments about chiro.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by vansuper View Post
                Has anyone tried www.clear-institute.org ?
                I met a Chiropractor practicing Clear Methodology and he said an intensive treatment of 2 weeks could potentially reduce my 50 degree curve to 30. It sounds too good to be true! Anyone heard or went to a Chiropractor following CLEAR that could share your experience please.
                Thanks
                Super.
                Vansuper,
                It's really hard to say. That sounds like a big claim. I would ask a bunch more questions before going forward. Try to find out what they are basing the claim on -- other curves like yours that they had success with? How many? And are you done after 2 weeks or are there exercises you need to continue on your own? They may be trying to entice you with a drastic reduction, but you may want to consider (and ask them) what other benefits you would get out of it. Are you in pain? If so, pain management may be a more important goal than curve reduction. Just my two cents...
                1993, Age 13, 53* Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory
                2010, Age 30, 63* or 68* (depending on the doc) Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory

http://livingtwisted.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by frolicin View Post
                  In my experience getting treated by a Chiropractor that is really good is the best possible thing you can do for a scoliosis. Now there are, like any field, not so good ones out there, but when you find a good one it is great. I have heard of that degree of correction with Chiropractic.
                  While I realize this is strictly your opinion, to which you are entitled, and that what you have "heard" as far as correction by chiropractors is purely anecdotal at best, may I ask if you have any proof, data, etc. supporting your claim that this degree of correction can be achieved with chiropractic? I assume that if one states that "getting treated by a Chiropractor that is really good is the best possible thing you can do for scoliosis", there must be something pretty concrete to back it up.

I only ask because I have been in the 'scoliosis world' for over a decade since my son's initial diagnosis, belong to several scoliosis-related forums and sites, have read for countless hours about the condition and have spoken to several doctors over the years, some on a regular basis - and none of the above has produced any indication whatsoever that chiropractic care can permanently reduce one's curve.

I am not attacking you, but rather hoping that if these 'really good' chiropractors have some information that will help scoliosis patients, or can prove that they have discovered a non-surgical way to permanently correct a curve, that they would share it with us.

Thanks.
                  Last edited by mariaf; 03-16-2011, 09:58 AM.
                  mariaf305@yahoo.com
                  Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                  Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Here's what I like... to read frolicin's post, you wouldn't know he was chiro (or in chiro school). Just like Smith, he concealed that in order to mislead folks into thinking he was just a person out there with no vested interest.

I do not think he will respond. Many of his posts were deleted either by him or Linda.

In his PMs to me, he kept asking me to ask him questions so he could prove he could answer them. But he has to pony up at least an iota of proof that chiro can address scoliosis before I can ask him anything. That has not been forthcoming.
                    Last edited by Pooka1; 03-16-2011, 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I went to a chiro and my curves, that were stable for over 20+ years, progressed a total of 16* combined in only 2 years time. I would be scared to try it again.
                      Be happy!
                      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                      but we are alive today!

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                        But he has to pony up at least an iota of proof that chiro can address scoliosis....
                        Exactly what my post was asking for - that elusive iota of proof. And you're right - until we see that, there is no point in asking him anything.
                        mariaf305@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by mariaf View Post
                          While I realize this is strictly your opinion, to which you are entitled, and that what you have "heard" as far as correction by chiropractors is purely anecdotal at best, may I ask if you have any proof, data, etc. supporting your claim that this degree of correction can be achieved with chiropractic? I assume that if one states that "getting treated by a Chiropractor that is really good is the best possible thing you can do for scoliosis", there must be something pretty concrete to back it up.

I only ask because I have been in the 'scoliosis world' for over a decade since my son's initial diagnosis, belong to several scoliosis-related forums and sites, have read for countless hours about the condition and have spoken to several doctors over the years, some on a regular basis - and none of the above has produced any indication whatsoever that chiropractic care can permanently reduce one's curve.

I am not attacking you, but rather hoping that if these 'really good' chiropractors have some information that will help scoliosis patients, or can prove that they have discovered a non-surgical way to permanently correct a curve, that they would share it with us.

Thanks.
                          I'm in no way defending frolicin and I don't know what he's posted elsewhere, but I do want to point out that his post here didn't suggest that chiropractic could correct curves. Just because he thinks its the best thing you can for scoliosis doesn't automatically mean it corrects curves. Nothing does.
                          1993, Age 13, 53* Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory
                          2010, Age 30, 63* or 68* (depending on the doc) Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory

http://livingtwisted.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by frolicin View Post
                            Hi Mehera,

I get what you are saying, and while a lot of people might not agree with frolicin that seeing a chiropractor is the best thing you can do for scoliosis, he is entitled to his opinion like everybody else.

However, it is the last line above that gave me the impression that he was saying chiros could correct curves.
                            Last edited by mariaf; 03-18-2011, 10:03 AM.
                            mariaf305@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                            X