13yr old -Kyphosis -Having Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-op

we leave next week for Dairriens Pre-Op appointment.. The nervousness is setting in...and all dare can say is ..I hope we can get the surgery done and over with SOON!!! I am just wondering how long after the Pre-op will he have the surgery....Can anyone shed some light on that? I know for everyone it is different,but I wads curious on the time frame others have had...again he is having it done at Shriners.. Thank All !!

Comment

Sidney had surgery 2 days after the pre-op, but we live 14 hours away from Philadelphia where the surgery was done and had had all the preop tests (PFT, ECHO, EKG, etc.) done several months earlier close to home in NC. His preop at Shriners consisted of new x-rays, lab work, meeting with the anesthesiology nurse, and updating an MRI to make sure a very small syrinx had not changed (it had disappeared!).

It doesn't sound as if you have been given a surgery date yet. We had Sidney's before we traveled to Philly, of course, so your case is different. When you go in, be sure to ask about the date.

Comment

Yea thats the bad part as Shriners does take a while....I hate waiting..LOL...

Comment

Working...
        X